Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Join the club.

When I fast in the manner I do, I RARELY ever feel sluggish during the day. It takes quite a bit of sleep deprivation to ruin my day. Before my Warrior Diet-esque approach, I was tired most days.

You might have a few low energy days during your first week, but after that, it's generally all good.

I don't know if you read Iron Addict's info on fasting, but he and I both came to the same conclusion...it's hard (for some - not all) to maintain muscle without eating some daily protein. I'm not telling you to immediately jump off your approach...I just want you to keep it in mind.

Each of us reacts differently, but if you do find yourself losing muscle, sip on whey or casein throughout the day.
It feels great though, I wouldn't trade this feeling!

The thing is, I'm still eating my protein for the day. I'm just eating it within an 8-hour window. I talked with many many people before starting this, and they all never experienced muscle loss so long as they made sure to get their protein and calories in for the day before 9-10pm.

And apparently from what studies show, it takes a lot longer than 14-16 hours for the body to go catabolic

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I've also been playing with idea in my head..only because as I'm doing my cleanest bulk ever, I hate eating so damn much. I always feel fat and bloated...but on days when I don't eat as much I feel fine. I workout starting at 5:30am, so I'm not sure it would work for me right now. I'm pretty sure I need some protein immediately PWO...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I've also been playing with idea in my head..only because as I'm doing my cleanest bulk ever, I hate eating so damn much. I always feel fat and bloated...but on days when I don't eat as much I feel fine. I workout starting at 5:30am, so I'm not sure it would work for me right now. I'm pretty sure I need some protein immediately PWO...
HAHA I'm going on this because I LOVE eating huge meals!!

And so far, day 1 has been awesome. I've been on an endorphin rush all day, and it feels good to stuff my face like a maniac and know that it's 100% okay

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
The thing is, I'm still eating my protein for the day. I'm just eating it within an 8-hour window. I talked with many many people before starting this, and they all never experienced muscle loss so long as they made sure to get their protein and calories in for the day before 9-10pm.
I was cutting when I lost the muscle, so I was purposely restricting calories.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 AM   #15
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I was cutting when I lost the muscle, so I was purposely restricting calories.
Ahh. Well, so far I seem to be doing good. Last night I had a HUGE bowl of oatmeal with a bunch of crazy mix-ins, (fruit, coconut, LOTS of peanut butter, etc) and I woke up this morning looking really lean, hah.

I love feeling completely full after meals for once.

-------

Old 08-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #16
Kpettitt
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn
Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Ahh. Well, so far I seem to be doing good. Last night I had a HUGE bowl of oatmeal with a bunch of crazy mix-ins, (fruit, coconut, LOTS of peanut butter, etc) and I woke up this morning looking really lean, hah.

I was just checkin in to see if you are still doing the fasting? How was a weekend of fasting if so? I think that weekends would be the hardest for me... plus- I'm WAY too OCD about meals too. And I think I'd end up bingeing if I heald off that long and then ate... could be dangerous for me!
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I workout starting at 5:30am, so I'm not sure it would work for me right now. I'm pretty sure I need some protein immediately PWO...
I follow IF and I workout at 9:00 am. First meal is at 12:00 noon. I consume BCAA's at 8:00 before my workout and then again at 10:00.

Quote:
So how is the IF going? I think I am stuffing myself during that window and then realize my total calories are actually down.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #18
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMedley View Post

So how is the IF going? I think I am stuffing myself during that window and then realize my total calories are actually down.
AMAZING! I love it, and I don't think I'll ever go back. I love it when I only have one meal left for the day and still have to stuff in 700-900 calories...because I can eat like CRAZY which I wasn't able to do before. I love big meals.

And I'm never hungry like this

-------

Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpettitt View Post
I was just checkin in to see if you are still doing the fasting? How was a weekend of fasting if so? I think that weekends would be the hardest for me... plus- I'm WAY too OCD about meals too. And I think I'd end up bingeing if I heald off that long and then ate... could be dangerous for me!
IF is amazing. And trust me, it's pretty difficult to overeat on a plan like this!

-------

Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #20
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
AMAZING! I love it, and I don't think I'll ever go back. I love it when I only have one meal left for the day and still have to stuff in 700-900 calories...because I can eat like CRAZY which I wasn't able to do before. I love big meals.

And I'm never hungry like this
In the day, Measure out a small amount of chicken breast, add in a little broccoli and then think if I have enough of the 300 calories left to add anything to this meal.

Today, should I have the steak and lobster or the small pizza.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote