Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
That could SO be misinterpreted by the wrong person.
Yes, like me.

If I said that to my kids they sure wouldn't think of a training log.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #22
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yes, like me.

If I said that to my kids they sure wouldn't think of a training log.
I should clarify that it was my 90lbs strongman log, not my log book.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
I should clarify that it was my 90lbs strongman log, not my log book.
That never crossed my mind.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #24
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

My gym is in the garage, and I never do anything embarassing. Not that I'll admit anyway.

OK, ok, so there was the whole episode a few months back where I almost killed myself tripping over my own two feet. I even posted pictures and everything in one of my old logs.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
My gym is in the garage, and I never do anything embarassing. Not that I'll admit anyway.

OK, ok, so there was the whole episode a few months back where I almost killed myself tripping over my own two feet. I even posted pictures and everything in one of my old logs.
You were able to take pictures of yourself tripping?? You got some mad skillz, yo.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
You were able to take pictures of yourself tripping?? You got some mad skillz, yo.
The aftermath My Dear.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #27
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Didn't rack 125 on the bench properly (this was back in February), and it hit me full on the head.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #28
Kpettitt
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn
Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28

Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Yes! I just KNEW this had to have happened to somebody!
hahaha I thought the SAME thing!!! glad it wasn't me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Let's see:

I've uppercutted myself with a bar doing overhead presses

Busted a ceiling light showing my brother how to do one arm snatches with a barbell. Then the bumper plates fell off.

Ripped my shorts doing squats.

Vomitted on my way to the bathroom after a killer set of leg extensions. It is the only time I've ever puked from a workout.

Passed out after reracking my log. Longest fall ever.

Had band snap while I was warming up and hit me right in the nose.

Fallen over numerous times doing sled drags and pulls.

Accidentally grabbed my double knotted shoelaces on my left shoe doing speed deadlifts. Got about mid shin haha.
wow... I don't know what else to say... wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Didn't rack 125 on the bench properly (this was back in February), and it hit me full on the head.
ouch! that would probably kill me...

I haven't done anything crazy embarrassing like that.... I did get a massive nose bleed doing some reverse crunches... it was more awkward than embarrassing!
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #29
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Sometimes I do this thing...where I fart when I'm on the treadmill, and because I have my headphones on and can't hear it, I miraculously think no one else can either. Fail.

Aaaaaannnnddd....I can't believe I just told you guys that.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Sometimes I do this thing...where I fart when I'm on the treadmill, and because I have my headphones on and can't hear it, I miraculously think no one else can either. Fail.

Aaaaaannnnddd....I can't believe I just told you guys that.
Your the resident poop Dr. It says so right under your picture. Of course you would share that with us.