Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How to Help the Forum (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3816)

BendtheBar 07-21-2010 07:54 AM

How to Help the Forum

The Muscle and Brawn forum has grown quite a bit in the last year. Sure, it's still small compared to many sites, but we are making progress every day.

I work very hard to keep this forum troll-free, and a place of respect. But I also feel the need to say that this doesn't mean MAB has to be sterile.

I want to make sure you guys understand that it's perfectly fine to bust each other in the balls. You also don't have to worry about speaking freely and openly. No need to hold back. We all have opinions, and all opinions are welcomed.

I also want to encourage everyone to take a few minutes and leave a simple comment in a few training logs when you stop by. I value all the logs here, and try my best to read them, but can't always find the time to read all the logs I want every day. Believe it or not, I have actually had several people tell me they left the forum because no one was reading their log. I don't want anyone to feel unwanted here.

Another area that you can help MAB is by starting non-log threads on any topic. We have become a log-driven forum, but when a good topic comes up conversation usually picks up.

I will also say that if you are a lurker here, please sign up. Sometimes a small community can be intimidating. No need to worry here - everyone is welcome.

Lastly, I know that many people like the atmosphere on this forum but eventually leave because other forums have more activity. I respect that. But I will say that activity breeds activity. If you want to help grow MAB, make a few extra posts here.

lou72 07-21-2010 08:59 AM

Been lurking for awhile.

This place has tons of info that I like. I may not be the biggest poster, but I like to talk with people.

I am not a serious lifter, but do enjoy staying active.

BendtheBar 07-21-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou72 (Post 70874)
Been lurking for awhile.

This place has tons of info that I like. I may not be the biggest poster, but I like to talk with people.

I am not a serious lifter, but do enjoy staying active.

Welcome to the forum Lou. Good to have you on board. I love lifting, but my bigger passion has always been exercise in general.

ElementalVirago 07-21-2010 09:20 AM

I'd like to say something. Although I do read people's logs, I don't usually comment on them simply because I feel like I, as a n00b girly lifter, have nothing of real value to contribute. It would feel like walking into the middle of a conversation that guys are having about cars and attempting to look like I knew what I was talking about.

BendtheBar 07-21-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 70878)
I'd like to say something. Although I do read people's logs, I don't usually comment on them simply because I feel like I, as a n00b girly lifter, have nothing of real value to contribute. It would feel like walking into the middle of a conversation that guys are having about cars and attempting to look like I knew what I was talking about.

I understand EV.

I will say your humor adds a lot to the forum and I always look forward to reading your posts, no matter what they are about.

ElementalVirago 07-21-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 70901)
I understand EV.

I will say your humor adds a lot to the forum and I always look forward to reading your posts, no matter what they are about.

That's good. Sometimes I worry that y'all are just gonna think I don't take anything seriously because of my constant smartazzedness. :thefinger:

BendtheBar 07-21-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 70902)
That's good. Sometimes I worry that y'all are just gonna think I don't take anything seriously because of my constant smartazzedness. :thefinger:

Not at all. I am a smart ass and love sarcastic humor.

This forum isn't about what you do - it's about people trying to achieve their fitness and diet goals. I think we all respect each other here for trying, no matter what we're trying for.

strkout35 07-21-2010 12:34 PM

i try to read as many logs as i can and i love dropping comments in others logs, but i will say this. if you come on the forum and post your log and thats it, no activity in others logs or contributing to discussions elsewhere then people are less likely to post in your log. the only people whose logs i see with very few others comments in it are people who don't spend the time contributing to the forum.

People who are active on the forum and post in others logs always have massive feedback in their logs so if you want advice and feedback in your log then start posting in other peoples logs as well.

and as always i <3 MAB, BTB you're doing a great job :)

uforce 07-21-2010 03:00 PM

I'm brand new to this forum, and it looks great. much more user friendly than bb.com. i'm also glad, that i'm getting in while its still relatively new/small. i'll do my best to contribute.

RickB 07-21-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 70878)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 70901)
I understand EV.

Humor is definitely good imo! But also EV, even a noob can say "good job" and it does two things. Those are positive words and it also marks the log as being read by the OP. I also feel you can learn something from anyone...so don't let being a noob stop you from speaking.
:rockon: