Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor
Default Warning: Rant!

Okay...seriously, what the **** is it with people and their superiority complexes?

Why is it someone who has maybe been lifting weights for a couple years longer than you automatically assumes that whatever you have to say about lifting is completely irrelevant?

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about: my cheat DB rows. Yes, I cheat on my PR set, which happens to be my last, and heaviest set. (you mad?) Here's the video:

I posted the video on a website. I wasn't looking for people to tell me my form was sloppy, because I blatantly stated it was a CHEAT row. And of course, I get everyone on there telling me that I'm doing everything wrong, and I need to fix my form and stop ego lifting.

When I try to explain my reasoning for things, they quote my replies and say,

"The bolded part is genuine bull****"

When in reality, all I was saying was, "Cheating on rows does not negatively impact your progress or your lifts. If anything, it helps."

How is that bull****?

So of course, I get a little annoyed, but definitely not getting b*tchy. I am then smothered in replies from worshipers of this trainer guy, and they're all telling me:

"Stop acting like a bitch and maybe do some listening to the people who know what they're talking about, and who have been training for longer than you have, instead of always disagreeing."

or,

"Maybe you should work on your form before trying to add weight."

....keep in mind, these people know NOTHING about powerlifting, it seems. He tells me, "Sloppy form has no place in powerlifting."

....I never said my squat/bench/deadlift had bad form. I always make sure to keep form VERY tight on these lifts...but rows?! Common, give me a break.

Oh yeah, and then I got called out for a deadlift video I made nearly 6 months ago!! She says, "You say you have good form, but I just saw your deadlift video and you round your back a lot." So then they go and start f*cking critiquing my deadlift and telling me I need to do some researching on my lifts before adding weight...even though this is a very old video, clearly, and I have fixed my form since then.

I'm just so f*cking tired of this! What is wrong with people?!?!

/rant

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Thanks for making me smile with the rant. I love the Attitude!!

I ain't talking smack to you girl. You would probably come down to Texas and hurt me.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

A cheat row still requires explosive strength. There is a way to cheat that is skillful, and a way to cheat that is sloppy and reckless. Obviously, you are not sloppy and reckless.

Ignore the twerps. Moving weight is moving weight. You don't need to perform everything to someone else's standards.

Anyone with half a brain can appreciate what you've accomplished. It sounds like someone simply wants to put you in your place to lift themselves up.

Olympic lifts are explosive. They are neither ineffective nor a waste of time nor cheating. Jwood and others perform one arm dumbbell snatches. They are cheating rows with a purpose.

Listen Sneezy...explosive strength has it's place. Especially with rows. I believe with rows you must first master good form, and then master the art of exploding the rep (semi-cheating) using a semblance of this form. An ultra strict row might be good for contraction, but it sucks for building strength.

Just my 2 cents.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Is It Okay To Cheat On Rows? | Powerlifting Watch

Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
cooltom
Uber Brawn

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

****'em. They look fine for what you are trying to accomplish. And this guy might agree too:

The form here is better, but still explosive:

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html

Last edited by cooltom; 07-19-2010 at 07:52 PM.
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Sneezy you got a lot of BIG BROTHERS here at MAB. You want we should hunt down some of them and SFW using thier heads?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Here is a "cheater":

Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
cooltom
Uber Brawn

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That "cheat" was ****ing awesome!

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
"Stop acting like a bitch and maybe do some listening to the people who know what they're talking about, and who have been training for longer than you have, instead of always disagreeing."

"Maybe you should work on your form before trying to add weight."
Tell me which motherfukers said that sh!t and I'll lay it on em so hard they'll wish they could impale themselves on a barbell and eat their own livers.

They can get fuked sideways, as far as I'm concerned. Morons on bodyspace with their 135 "strict rows"...tell them to fuking Shrug 500lbs and then come back and talk to you about strict form.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
onetiredkris
Max Brawn

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

haha cmon sneezy, i showed a couple of my gym heads your video and everyone ****s their pants at how awesome it is. i wouldnt even call that a cheat row, **** looks good to me!!!!!!!

if they hate, let them hate and watch our weight pile up

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote