Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Muscle and Brawn Lifting Instructional Videos Idea Input Wanted

I been doing some thinking with all the form/technique questions floating around with powerlifts and strongman events and such and was thinking of making some quick videos from different angles of a good technical lift,putting them on youtube,and having a link to MAB,for people to register for an in depth explanation as to the set up for the lifts.

So basically I would put up a basic Squat for instance,from different angles so people can see how proper form is supposed to look on youtube to gather interest,link the forum so that if they register and post here they gain access to videos by me and my comrades commenting on form,technique, set up and really breaking down the lift.

Wanted everyone's thoughts on this.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

sounds like a great idea and a good way to get a little more traffic on here. go for it

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
I been doing some thinking with all the form/technique questions floating around with powerlifts and strongman events and such and was thinking of making some quick videos from different angles of a good technical lift,putting them on youtube,and having a link to MAB,for people to register for an in depth explanation as to the set up for the lifts.

So basically I would put up a basic Squat for instance,from different angles so people can see how proper form is supposed to look on youtube to gather interest,link the forum so that if they register and post here they gain access to videos by me and my comrades commenting on form,technique, set up and really breaking down the lift.

Wanted everyone's thoughts on this.
I think it's a great idea Tony. I will do anything I can to support this.

I've actually been thinking about doing a beginner bench press setup primer myself lately.

Since I know nothing about strongman, I can't comment much. But if anyone wants certain lifts explored/explained, post them here and we'll see what we can workout.

And I encourage anyone to get involved that might want to do some lifts. If you know how to do a reverse clean and press, I would take an instruction.

Since it is Tony's idea, I want to allow him to take the reigns on this if he wants to. I'm not saying Tony has to do all the videos, but I want anything that's done passed through this thread first for Tony to comment on.

I think we could use some videos explaining how to use bands and chains for primary lifts.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-18-2010 at 04:59 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Also, here is the image for video lead-ins, etc:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/gen...ge-videos.html

Old 07-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I would be interested in gaining more concrete knowledge on bands and chains.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I think a good instructional video on good mornings would be sweet. So many people think they are bodybuilder style good mornings.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
gaspers04
Max Brawn

gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

^I second that^

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

I think it should be divided into sticky threads to start off with. Squat, Bench Press and Deadlifts. Within those 3 threads put the appropriate videos. So for Squats it will be all different squat components :

Squat Set Up Videos:
Creating a Shelf, Proper bar placement
The Unrack/Walk out (Monolift vs Powerrack)
High bar vs Low bar
Thumbless vs thumbs grip
Narrow,medium or wide stance
Oly shoes/heeled shoes vs Chuck taylors/flat shoes
Etc...

I think the sticky itself should have no comments just correct videos, don't all need to be done by myself or anyone here either, just a good video reference posting.

And have a separate thread for questions or additions to the sticky itself.

Once the basics are covered, you can add advanced topics such as:
tapered belt vs thick belt vs raw
Knee Sleeves vs knee wraps
How to wrap your knees

Assistance exercises for squatting, and link the MAB videos here.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
gaspers04
Max Brawn

Great idea BBG. There have been times when I have incorporated a new lift and never witnessed it being done and I would be on the search for a reference video of it and hope that it was a correct reference guide. Arched back good mornings for example, surprised that I didn't herniate every disc in my lower back the first time that I did them...lol

Supplements
Old 07-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #10
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Brilliant idea!

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote