Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   NEW program- give me your thoughts and opinons... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3779)

kman025 07-16-2010 12:11 PM

NEW program- give me your thoughts and opinons...

1st see notes in next post

DAY 1- Press 1- Focus on chest
Flat Bench- heavy low reps (as much rest as needed)
Incline Bench- 2x4-8 (2 minutes rest)
Military Press-3-5sets X 3 reps
Hammer Strength Seated Chest Press- 2x6-10 (if recovery is a problem or I’m short on time, this will go)
Pec Dec- 2x high reps of 12-15 to get pump/burn

DAY 2- Heavy Legs & Back
Squat- Heavy low reps however I want
Deadlift- will do this once every 1.5 weeks or so… but not everytime (kills my CNS )
RDLs will sometimes be rotated in when DL is not… focusing on form in the 4-6 rep range
BB ROWS- either 6*3 or 3x5 heavy weight
HEAVY AB WORK!

DAY 3- PRESS 2- focus on shoulders & Tris
Seated Military Press- however I want working up to one heavy set and then another set of higher reps
DB Arnold Press- 3x5 pyramiding up to the top set and then a back off set of higher reps
Incline Neutral Press- 3*not sure what rep range… probably will vay all the way from 5-10.
CGBP- 2x4-6
Tri high rep work… I’d I wont do a shoulder burn since I’ll already do a burn set of seated MP and DB Arnolds

DAY- 4 Legs & Back (more emphasis on hypertrophy)
Seated Box Squat- HEAVY TOP SET and then a back of set @ 90% of the top set
Front Squat- higher reps
Leg Press- 2x10-12
(rotating) Pull ups or Lat Pull down 2x6-8 for LPD and 2x4 or so for pull ups
DB Rows- 2x4-8 or Seated Cable Row 2x6-8
High rep back Burn sets (2)
Hyper Extentions trying to work hammies 2x8

kman025 07-16-2010 12:13 PM

i'm going to use what i'm learning from Better Than Steroids to try and bulk up. this my cross between BB and PL

i'm going to take a rest the 5th day or whenever i need it

going to do some form of cardio, either on off days or gym days 3ish times a week

i'm about to leave for vacation, so may not reply until tonight or tomorrow

BendtheBar 07-16-2010 12:31 PM

I think it looks solid Kman. Good exercise selection.

I like doing CGBPs after presses on shoulder day. I am anal about CGBPs and like to hit them with my triceps as fresh as possible.

strkout35 07-16-2010 12:51 PM

Looks solid Kman. Good luck

Violent Volume 07-16-2010 12:51 PM

That will make you big and strong.

kman025 07-16-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 70045)
I think it looks solid Kman. Good exercise selection.

I like doing CGBPs after presses on shoulder day. I am anal about CGBPs and like to hit them with my triceps as fresh as possible.

thanks big man... yeah, i think this will be a great middle ground between my strength goals and body goals. right now i'm more interested in getting some mass. i think by improving in the accessory exercises, when i start to really want strength again or even now i will be much stronger.

same here with the CGBP, i'm wasnt sure if i wanted them after presses or after all shoulder work. last workout i did them last and they actually went very well. i'm going to keep them here, unless i dont like it and then i'll change it.

kman025 07-16-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 70047)
Looks solid Kman. Good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violent Volume (Post 70048)
That will make you big and strong.

thanks guys...

i know this is kind of a stupid "noob" thread, but i wanted to make sure you didnt see something i overlooked... such as not doing enough of a particular area.

i will also mention i'll be throwing in clean&jerks/presses whenever i feel like doing them :)

BendtheBar 07-16-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 70049)
thanks big man... yeah, i think this will be a great middle ground between my strength goals and body goals. right now i'm more interested in getting some mass. i think by improving in the accessory exercises, when i start to really want strength again or even now i will be much stronger.

same here with the CGBP, i'm wasnt sure if i wanted them after presses or after all shoulder work. last workout i did them last and they actually went very well. i'm going to keep them here, unless i dont like it and then i'll change it.

I should have specified after presses and before other shoulder pressing work. For those reading who I have confused.

Since you did them last and they were rocking for you I think it really doesn't matter how you use them...your triceps will be blasted either way.

kman025 07-16-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 70053)
I should have specified after presses and before other shoulder pressing work. For those reading who I have confused.

Since you did them last and they were rocking for you I think it really doesn't matter how you use them...your triceps will be blasted either way.

ya i got ya

and when i CGBP before shoulder work, i end up working my tris more than my shoulders it feels like haha

jwood 07-16-2010 01:12 PM

I definitely like the new program kman, what days are you going to take off?

Are you going to do 2 on, 1 off, or something else?