Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
Jerry Brainum
New Brawn

Jerry Brainum is off to a bad start
Default A blast from the past

This is an excerpt from an article that I wrote 19 years ago that illustrates many of the popular bodybuilding practices of that time. Since I wrote this, I can assure you that all the information was provided first hand by the bodybuilders themselves during direct interviews.The Workouts and Diets of the Bodybuilding Championsby [...]

More...
Jerry Brainum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

A Mike Quinn quote:

Quote:
“As far as training, I do power bodybuilding. The first four workouts are heavy; the next four are lighter. I take more rest between sets on the heavy days. This promotes a higher intensity level and stimulates testosterone release. On the lighter days, taking brief rest between sets raise my growth hormone levels. On the light days, I rest 30-45 seconds between sets, using 50% of my maximum exercise intensity for 15 reps minimum. The lighter days aid recovery form the heavier power days. Training heavy consistently leads to a catabolic muscle state.

“It’s especially vital to cycle your training if you don’t use drugs. Such cycling promotes maximum recuperation between workouts.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote