Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Any Cpu wiz's out there? NEED HELP regarding spyware/virus

Ok Long Story short, I got the DNSChanger.bu virus and ASPX.JS.Win32 Virus, basically it keeps making or poses as MvAfee saying there is a fake ad alert. I restarted in safe mode and used my MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, and it found it, I removed it deleted it, upon restarting I noticed 3 spam links on my desktop, I deleted them, and went to empty my recycle bin, but it didn't delete them and mcafee started spaming out again.

so I restarted again, updated malwarebytes, it found 5 more things on a quick scan, am doing another full scan now, and am frustrated. I read to disable my system restore, but stupid vista wont let me. Going crazy with this, most of the pop ups went away, but there is still something still leftover prob. If anyone is good with cpu's and can help me find a solution I would be eternally grateful.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

this happened to me my anti-virus software popped up saying it found a few virus's (which were fake)

i started this thread: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/gen...ter-geeks.html

basically i just did a system restore to like a week before and the crap that i got off a website accidentally wasn't there anymore so i'd give a system restore a try. go back a few days

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

**** it, do you have any recovery disks?

maybe its time for a straight reformat

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
**** it, do you have any recovery disks?

maybe its time for a straight reformat
Yeah I have all my recovery discs, thinking its about that time. I manage to get rid of the spyware and malware, but the stupid thing manages to hijack my system restore,reestablishing small temp folders and such I keep deleting. I hold it off in safe mode, but nothing on the internet has been too helpful. Most likely will reformat.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Have you tried a system restore?

Go into safe mode and run restore.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Braindrop
Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2

Braindrop is off to a bad start

The only way to be 100% sure is to copy your data onto an external hard drive (just your personal files, not programs, etc.), back up your email (if stored locally) and favorites, and then reformat your hard drive.

Reinstall your OS from a known clean source (original install disc), install your virus checker, re-install your programs from known clean sources (re-download or use original discs), scan the data that you backed up, and move it back on.

(At this point, you could image your hard drive to an external drive, and the next time you want to do this dance -- I do it every 6-9 months -- you just backup personal data, reformat, restore the image, and you don't have to worry about install CDs)
Braindrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Couldn't because stupid virus/adware attached it self to my system restore and disabled me from disabling it, clever beastie I was dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindrop View Post
The only way to be 100% sure is to copy your data onto an external hard drive (just your personal files, not programs, etc.), back up your email (if stored locally) and favorites, and then reformat your hard drive.

Reinstall your OS from a known clean source (original install disc), install your virus checker, re-install your programs from known clean sources (re-download or use original discs), scan the data that you backed up, and move it back on.

(At this point, you could image your hard drive to an external drive, and the next time you want to do this dance -- I do it every 6-9 months -- you just backup personal data, reformat, restore the image, and you don't have to worry about install CDs)
I need to get an external hard-drive. Most of the important stuff I have burned on several dvd, or its on youtube or facebook,thankfully I have means to download videos from youtube, but won't be awhile until I can install that software.

Anyways thanks for the tip, will do that in the future.

I ended up reformatting but installed the drivers wrong, though it was only one for each off the list, STUPID STUPID STUPID, so am redoing it again.

Thanks for the support everyone, Lost a lot of relaxation and gained much frustration. Once Im done with this depression, THE SMASHING WILL BEGIN!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

How much stuff do you need to back up to an external. I have a 250 GB drive and I need to head over to Coliseum to get a singlet soon too.
ehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Alot of times restore can be the problem. Scan with:

Malwarebytes.org

and

Avira.com

Both have free versions of the software. Disable system restore before you scan. When you've done both and feel good about the computer, you can re-enable the restore function.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote