Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor
Default Looking for a simple do it at home routine for a friend who wants to lose weight

A good friend of mine has had a child in the past and carries around some extra weight that she would like to get rid of. I told her I would help her in coming up with a simple yet effective routine that she could do from home with little to no fitness equipment. I am going to donate a Foam roll and a couple of bands to aid in warm ups etc. I am thinking aside from strictly running, a couple days a week might involve something as follows:

Do as many as you can of the following in 30 seconds:

Body weight squats
20 second rest
crunches
20 second rest
Pushups
20 second rest
Lunges
20 second rest
situps

2:00 rest in between, then repeat 6 times or so

I thought about a different day maybe squat jumps or burpees, I am just playing around here, I would like any and all input in this as I really dont have a ton of experience in this type of "dynamic" training for a beginner. Eventually in hopes of adding light dumbell work which would open all kinds of doors. The main focus is to lose weight but I would like to see her doing more than just running, working into some light weights being added to the things listed above to help strengthen her overall as well. Liek I say this is just an idea I am playing with, some experienced input would be greatly appreciated. Wasnt really sure where to post something like this.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

hate to say it, but p90x....

i did this when i was in totally ****ty shape and lost 30lbs. it would probably be great for her....
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

maybe ad a set of jump-rope or soo to? just thinking here