Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post

The following are the menus of some of the people that have criticized me recently for eating beef, chicken, eggs, nuts and vegetables:

1) A vegetarian who eats cheese pizza, candy bars and drinks coca cola.

2) A woman who eats McDonald's at least twice a day (hamburger, fries, large coke).

3) A guy that eats Popeye's chicken daily (fried chicken, french fries, large orange drink).

4) A woman that eats food from 7/11 twice daily (chili cheese hot dogs, large fruit drink, taquitos).

5) My mother-in-law would always tell me **** like "you should get your cholesterol checked because of all the eggs you eat." Yet she had to have gastric bypass surgery because she could not keep herself of washing down a package of chips ahoy cookies with a 2 liter bottle of cream soda every night.

And I could go on and on. People suck and the same ****ers who have spent months and months ripping me are all asking me to write them up diet and exercise programs now. I will charge them for any information I give to them.
This hits the nail on the head. My wife and I get criticized from friends, relatives and for her, co-workers, because of how we eat.

I tell my wife to stick with primarily fruit, veggies and protein during the day - insanely healthy - and her co-workers who eat fast food for lunch every day, and donuts for breakfast - and who don't exercise - always warn her about the evils of the fat in her egg or string cheese. Or they share how concerned they are that she is involved with a fad diet.

Definitely charge them for info because most won't follow through.

At least 80% of the people that ask me for advice face to face make excuses for why they can't, or won't do it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-13-2010 at 12:23 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #22
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This hits the nail on the head. My wife and I get criticized from friends, relatives and for her, co-workers, because of how we eat.

I tell my wife to stick with primarily fruit, veggies and protein during the day - insanely healthy - and her co-workers who eat fast food for lunch every day, and donuts for breakfast - and who don't exercise - always warn her about the evils of the fat in her egg or string cheese. Or they share how concerned they are that she is involved with a fad diet.

Definitely charge them for info because most won't follow through.
Another interesting thing. I get asked for advice all the time, and that's great, but honestly they don't like the answers I give them. People aren't willing to do the work that's required to reach their goals. They are SO disappointed when I offer this simple advice: "Eat right and exercise". Oh I'm sorry, you want to lose 20 pounds in a week? Cut off your leg. Now leave me the hell alone.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
cooltom
Uber Brawn

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
BTW Tom, what is someone's argument against beef, chicken, eggs, nuts and vegetables? What could they possibly say about them? The eggs thing I do get a lot of cholesterol comments (but yeah my cholesterol is just fine, thanks for playing) but what about the others? ESPECIALLY from someone who eats fast food all the time?
Many of the people who come down on beef argue that it, like eggs, will raise cholesterol, blood pressure, that it has too much fat. They also give me the hormone speech. I've been told that I eat too much "red meat" and too much chicken. I also shouldn't eat so many nuts because they have too much fat. The chicken argument is just that it seems like I eat a lot of it so it must be bad...

Steamed vegetables are also a major faux pas if rice is not included because I'm "starving my body of carbohydrates" as though I were on an Atkins diet, which is also bad because, you know, he died.

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It's pretty darn simple when you come right down to it. Drop the white poisons, be persistent about exercise, and learn your body.

Sure, there is more to it than that. But if most people would simply do that, they would be far better off.

My own mother was stuck in a weight loss rut. I suggested she drop all white poisons and grained carbs for a month, and stick with fruits, veggies, protein, etc.

"Oh, no...I don't like the sound of that."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #25
cooltom
Uber Brawn

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
It's pretty darn simple when you come right down to it. Drop the white poisons, be persistent about exercise, and learn your body.

Sure, there is more to it than that. But if most people would simply do that, they would be far better off.

My own mother was stuck in a weight loss rut. I suggested she drop all white poisons and grained carbs for a month, and stick with fruits, veggies, protein, etc.

x2

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #26
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Many of the people who come down on beef argue that it, like eggs, will raise cholesterol, blood pressure, that it has too much fat. They also give me the hormone speech. I've been told that I eat too much "red meat" and too much chicken. I also shouldn't eat so many nuts because they have too much fat. The chicken argument is just that it seems like I eat a lot of it so it must be bad...

Steamed vegetables are also a major faux pas if rice is not included because I'm "starving my body of carbohydrates" as though I were on an Atkins diet, which is also bad because, you know, he died.
Ok the last sentence made me LOL hard.

Honestly I don't know what compels people to even butt in. I would NEVER walk up to someone and say anything about what they're eating. And really, if I saw a guy like you who is obviously muscular and fit, you could be eating a stick of butter and I'd say, "You go, man!"

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #27
Kpettitt
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn

Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

Quote:

Quote:

...sounds JUST like my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Ok the last sentence made me LOL hard.

Honestly I don't know what compels people to even butt in. I would NEVER walk up to someone and say anything about what they're eating. And really, if I saw a guy like you who is obviously muscular and fit, you could be eating a stick of butter and I'd say, "You go, man!"
I know!!! ME TOO!!!! hahaha Laughed out loud in my empty house! haha I think I scared my pups!
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 AM   #28
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

4 gallons of whole milk, 10 pounds of pasta today at the grocery store and got asked by 2 different people, "Is that really all for YOU?" It just astounds people I guess... Not going to lie though I have been known to slam 6 jr whoppers with no mayo or cheese... Not healthy but better than alot of other things there I suppose, then again I really dont care, Im 22 years old and trying to eat 6 monster meals a day plus a gallon of whole milk, been struggling at pushing past 252-254 pounds.

Last edited by Marc; 07-14-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #29
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

damn brother! eat up!

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #30
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
4 gallons of whole milk, 10 pounds of pasta today at the grocery store and got asked by 2 different people, "Is that really all for YOU?" It just astounds people I guess... Not going to lie though I have been known to slam 6 jr whoppers with no mayo or cheese... Not healthy but better than alot of other things there I suppose, then again I really dont care, Im 22 years old and trying to eat 6 monster meals a day plus a gallon of whole milk, been struggling at pushing past 252-254 pounds.
Man, this is why sometimes I wish I were a guy. I struggle to LOSE weight and you all are strapping on the feed bag, complaining that you can't GAIN weight. Good God.