Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #41
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

This girl was doing the most ridiculous exercise I have EVER seen.

Basically, she lies down on a stretching mat on her stomach...clasps her hands behind her back, lifts her head and hips slightly, and starts rocking back and forth madly like a seesaw. Apparently I wasn't the only one who found it funny, because both me and this other guy had to turn around to keep ourselves from laughing.

There's a lot of crazy people in my gym!! I saw this old Indian guy doing some sort of warm-up routine with mid-range pelvic thrusts and hip circling, in these tight shorts. It was devastating, to say the least.

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #42
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Yesterday two skinny guys were spoting each other on the bicepscurl. From behind.....
Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #43
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100

big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Watched a guy - all arms and chest -, squatting today. 180 1/4 squats for warmup (while grunting and making angry faces in the mirror) then he trew 265 on the bar, screaming "lightweight baaabaay!" and "its light! its light!" and really getting his steam up (infront of the mirror) squatted down...to 1/4 deep and looking like he was dying, spotted by his mate. After the set (of 5) he almost fell to the ground, gasping for air.

Well it made my day hehe
Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #44
#Maverick#
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn
Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

last workout i saw the skinniest uve ever seen dude(he looked 100lbs max) loading up the the bar in the squat rack with 4 plates on each side im like this cant end well. well he lifts up the bar and then just stands there for 30 secs and then loudly reracks, i was barely containing the laughter
#Maverick# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #45
big_swede
Max Brawn

Maybe he got it right after all, walkouts can be a good way to get used to heavy ass weight
Old 10-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Maverick# View Post
last workout i saw the skinniest uve ever seen dude(he looked 100lbs max) loading up the the bar in the squat rack with 4 plates on each side im like this cant end well. well he lifts up the bar and then just stands there for 30 secs and then loudly reracks, i was barely containing the laughter
It's unfortunate that a 1/32rd squat wasn't attempted.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #47
#Maverick#
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn

#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
It's unfortunate that a 1/32rd squat wasn't attempted.
it wasnt he just stood there
Old 10-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #48
#Maverick#
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Maybe he got it right after all, walkouts can be a good way to get used to heavy ass weight
well maybe but at like 100 lbs he should be eating and not loading the bar with tons of plates an standing there
Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #49
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Maverick# View Post
it wasnt he just stood there
Maybe it was a walkout PR. I couldn't walkout 4 times my body weight.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #50
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

The guys that wear the TapOut or Affliction shirts that obviously don't fight. Then they pick up the 25lb dumbbells and do a set of 8 (4 on each arm) then throw down the weight, grunt, and flex their tooth picks they call arms. That's funny stuff. Commercial gyms (i.e. Gold's, L.A. Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness) is full of guys like that.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote