Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
right now i'm laughing cause it sounds just like my kids...........
My oldest was butter...my youngest just doesn't respond to any consequences.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

my friends parents did this to him when we were younger, they'd make him run... he became one hell of an athlete...

idk man, seems as others have said, they may think of working out as a bad thing... on the otherhand, it could introduce them to something they love and maybe exercising will become a part of their life...

not that im in anyway one to answer this (being 16 and all), but they seem to young for a punishment like this (not sure of ages, but guessing from info earlier in thread).

with a maybe 10 year old, i think this could be a good punishment. it gives them time to blow off steam. maybe make them exercise for a certain amount of time, dont stand over them, just make sure they arent doing something else.

idk if what i said makes sense, just my .02
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 06-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You might be right Kman. She might be too young. She is a respectful child, so it just might take more patience.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

The Army fixes most of its six year olds with exercise in basic. Have you tried putting cigarettes out on them? That's worked well for us, except we use out meth pipes. Just make sure that the school never finds out
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
The Army fixes most of its six year olds with exercise in basic. Have you tried putting cigarettes out on them? That's worked well for us, except we use out meth pipes. Just make sure that the school never finds out
Lol! Cigarettes might do the trick!

I was thinking of a dog shock collar, one square foot electric fence type of thing.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #16
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Done that too. Treats are her big one. She is a treat hound. TV is second. Spongebob, ftw!

We've taken away both, sometimes for a week...didn't help. She's right back to doing the same thing again, even during the punishment period.
My nine year old doesn't need much in the way of correction (not that she's perfect, mind you). Most of her disciplining comes as a result of video game disputes or misuse. A good grounding for a week or so usually takes care of things. My problem with her though is that beyond video games, she really isn't motivated by much of anything. Until recently she wouldn't/couldn't ride a bike. She wouldn't even try to learn. Finally the last time she had to be "punished" because of a video game violation I grounded her until she learned to ride a bike. It could be a day. Two days. A week. Whatever. It was all up to her. The little twerp still had made no effort after two weeks. Finally she made up her mind to give it a try. I think it was more to get me off her case than anything else. She went outside with Mom, and less than five minutes later, the seven year old came in and said, "Dad, Rachel's doing it!" So I let her back on video games. She hasn't been so attached to them either. She actually wants to ride bike BEFORE gaming sometimes.

My seven year old...now that's a different story. She's not defiant, but she's a handful. I'm too much of a softie to take away cool things like hockey.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #17
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Lots of good info to be read.

Cattle prod encyclopedia topics | Reference.com
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
She actually wants to ride bike BEFORE gaming sometimes.
I feel really good on these days. Anytime my kids want to go outside I feel it's a victory. We have been trying to take walks with them lately, and they've been joining us with their scooters and bikes.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I feel really good on these days. Anytime my kids want to go outside I feel it's a victory. We have been trying to take walks with them lately, and they've been joining us with their scooters and bikes.
My 2 year old loves going outside and acts like you've crushed her soul if you say no when she asks. I only deny it when the weather's bad or me & mama are working on something inside, but it ruins her day when I do.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

My kids hate heat. But they would go outside everyday even when 20 below.