Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor
Default Needing to rant about oil spill, my message to america

People in this country are ****in retarded. You want to sit there and talk **** about an entire company because of a mechanical failure and a couple peoples bad decissions. BP is one of the highest quality products in the industry. This falls under the category of "**** happens" There are 3,858 oil wells in the gulf, one bad thing happens and everyone plays the blame game.
Itll get cleaned up, they have already spent over 770 million in efforts thus far yet people still say they deserve to be punished to the max. And then you have the morons who are bitching that it is taking too long. Really? You want to say dumb **** like that then get your solution and get your ass down there and plug the ****in well genius. These things dont get fixed over night. You people think that they arent doing this as fast as they possibly can? The longer they wait the more millions they will lose and have to spend, so I am pretty sure BP is doing everything in their power to resolve this. So America keep you jaws from flapping about things you obviously have no understanding of. We should all be thankful that out of the almost 4,000 wells in the gulf that this doesnt happen more often. This is just like any other disaster, just like the haitian earthquake everyone needs to shutup and come together for the relief instead of sitting back pointing fingers and trying to find a sole culprit. Retards want to boycott a company "until the gulf is cleaned up" Get real. You act like they are telling you they wont clean up the mess, this stuff takes time.

Last edited by Marc; 05-28-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

right on Marc
Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

I agree Marc! The media loves stirring the pot though! And sheep all buy it. Same with the media talkin' bout steroids. Ignorance runs rampant, but the media is a big instigator.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

feed the whales

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

I am layed off, and I am not going to sit around here and do nothing the next few weeks. If anyone has any info on how I can get down there and volunteer let me know, I am going to do some checking locally. The way I see it it is just like the presidential election, you cannot bitch about whos president if you didnt vote. If you arent down there getting your hands dirty for the relief then keep your mouth shut. This "its not my problem" attitude that 3/4s of this country has really pisses me off. Guess what, you live in America it IS your problem so instead of complaining that others arent doing things fast enough for your liking, go help make a difference.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

"A Louisiana resident suggested in a letter to the Times Picayune newspaper that BP executives be tarred in spilled oil, rolled in blackened pelican feathers and sent to the guillotine so their severed heads could be used in a "junk shot" to clog the well. "

GROW UP. Human error is bound to happen in an industrialised nation, jesus christ what is wrong with people.

"The creators of the "B-Pee Day" Facebook page urged readers to urinate on BP gas stations, declaring "They leaked on us, it's time to take a leak on them." "

I'm heading to BP to fill up my gas tank.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

While agree with you here Marc, the incident did uncover some much bigger probelms in the industry, ie: the "self inspections" in which the oil companies are sent blank inspection forms by the gov and simply fill them out for their rigs and send them back to be signed?! Another issue is how they've disperse the oil simply to hide it, making clean up much much more difficult as surface oil (which is where it always ends up if undispersed) can be skimmed off or even burned. But yeah, the blame stuff is bull****.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The media never gets anything right. Half the time when they talk about a topic I know well it's like they have no clue that the Internet exists for research.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor

BP is only doing what they have to. The US should require relief wells to be drilled prior to any main well drilling as it is required in Canada. This is the only way to stop a leak of this nature. This same exact thing happened in 1979, They did all of the same things they have done now to show the public they are "trying to stop the leak" which they damn well know will not work. It's all just a PR stunt until the relief well can be finished. In over 30 years, no new safety and/or failsafes have been added.

JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #10
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Maybe tougher regulations should have been put in place from the start, but as a business you arent going to go insanely above and beyond what is required of you. This is true for any business. Just like building codes etc. It's all about prophit margins.

Last edited by Marc; 06-01-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote