Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Virginia State Powerlifting Meet Today!! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3113)

jwood 05-01-2010 07:44 PM

Virginia State Powerlifting Meet Today!!

The meet was awesome, such a cool experience. I met a ton of awesome people and saw some very strong people get huge lifts. It was a great time, a long day but I think I did pretty well.

My Lifts:
Squat
410 good
430 good
450 no good, I think I tried to go too deep
They were pretty strict on depth, but I think I hit it well.

Bench Press
295 good
305 miss
305 miss
Both times I got the lift but got red lighted for two different things:
1. Ass came off the bench, just a little bit
2. Did not pause on the chest long enough, other wise I crushed this lift

Deadlift
495 good, easy
530 great
550 awesome, good lift, at least a 20 pound PR for me

Overall it went well, I have a lot of work to do on my bench. I talked to some guys there that said I have a ton of potential, I need to figure out the whole pause thing on bench. I think pressing out of the bottom will help, and just more practice with a pause.

Squat I just need to keep working, and put in some max effort days, I love the 531 but I thought I should have been able get more on squat.

Deadlift is by far my favorite and best lift, so I will just keep doing whatever for that, I would like to hit a 600 deadlift by the end of the year.

Awesome day, I met a lot of cool people and had a great experience.

By the way, all of these lifts are now Virginia State Records, once the IPA website gets updated I will throw a link up. I got first place in my division, but I was the only one. But I got second overall in the Raw 220s, for any age group. I will get some pics up as soon as possible, my roommate got some great shots. Sorry no vids this time.

:mh:

strkout35 05-01-2010 07:50 PM

way to kill it JWood, you did great. Congrats on hitting those state records! SFW

cooltom 05-01-2010 07:50 PM

I'm happy to be the second to virtually congratulate you. Great lifts, obviously, and I'm glad that the experience itself was a positive one.:rockon:

Trevor Lane 05-01-2010 07:52 PM

Killer. Second Place in your weight class and 1275 total lbs is something to really be proud of man. Great Job!!!

rippednmichigan 05-01-2010 08:01 PM

Excellent job J!!!!

BendtheBar 05-01-2010 08:15 PM

Awesome job Jeremy. You do have a ton of potential. You'll be elite level in no time.

I think bench is easiest for me to get astray on. The heavier I go the less I want to lower it to my chest.

sneezingstardust 05-01-2010 08:18 PM

That is awesome! Great job!

CallmeKing 05-01-2010 08:21 PM

Nice man. Way to get it done and set some records.

Kevsworld 05-01-2010 09:14 PM

Congrats!!

jwood 05-01-2010 09:16 PM

Thanks guys, all of your support has been so helpful to keep me motivated, thank you.

And I want to most of all thank Steve, BTB, because quite a while ago he suggested to me that I start training like a powerlifter, and made me see my potential, so I appreciate big guy!!