Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Forum Rep System (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3099)

BendtheBar 04-30-2010 07:44 PM

Forum Rep System

Does anyone like this advanced forum reputation system, or would you prefer the BB.com simple green bar thing?

The reason I ask is that I thought this system would be cool, but it has all sorts of splats and most of the time I have no idea what they mean...

Thoughts?

glwanabe 04-30-2010 07:55 PM

I'm with you. I have no idea what most of this stuff is. A simple system would be fine, or none at all.

jwood 04-30-2010 08:00 PM

I do like the current system but it can be very confusing. A lot of times I have no idea what it all means. A simple system would be fine with me, or the current system is also fine. I like both

BendtheBar 04-30-2010 08:10 PM

Thanks guys. I might switch to the old system for a week and see what we think.

CallmeKing 04-30-2010 09:24 PM

I don't think it matters really. Green = good. Red = troll.

ricka182 04-30-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 52643)
I don't think it matters really. Green = good. Red = troll.

Red = troll on bb.com.. I've seen a couple of profiles here for people who have very high status, and they are all red with red medals...

I kind of like the current system, because it's different and allows more levels of achievement.. You go through the green bar and then you get a bronze medal..go through 4 times and you get a silver, then so on for gold. As is, it would very difficult to reach gold star status because of the many reps it would require. Earning gold would indicate longevity with MAB, and dedication to the community..

BendtheBar 04-30-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 52655)
Red = troll on bb.com.. I've seen a couple of profiles here for people who have very high status, and they are all red with red medals...

I kind of like the current system, because it's different and allows more levels of achievement.. You go through the green bar and then you get a bronze medal..go through 4 times and you get a silver, then so on for gold. As is, it would very difficult to reach gold star status because of the many reps it would require. Earning gold would indicate longevity with MAB, and dedication to the community..

Thanks for the feedback. And the explanation. You know it better then me :)

kman025 04-30-2010 10:07 PM

i dont know.... i kind of like this becuase no body knows wtf it means, so no one cares about rep here...

but if we ever get a ton of members, i say go to bb.com style rep

gaspers04 04-30-2010 10:26 PM

Simple would be cool. I'm a slow prison guard.:chow:

Abaddon 01-05-2011 10:13 AM

I have a medal next to my name... I read the rep system thread explanation, but don't recall this being explained. Can someone please elaborate?

IF there's still interest, I have to say: simple is better.
BUT I like how you can both rep a person and/or rate their post as being helpful!

This way, you can give reps to a person to say "I agree", for example, and if you've learned something, let them know this with the helpful thumbs up.

...as for the medals, badges/coins and multicoloured bars... I get it, but it seems overly complex.

My 2c.

EDIT: ahhhhh! I hover over it and it says 'activity award'. OK then.
Can't I just have cash? LOL