Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   new random goals (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3065)

kman025 04-27-2010 08:55 PM

new random goals

Today in gym class our teacher taught us about all the broscience in the world about lifitng weights.... after realizing he's full of **** (although not a bad guy) i got bored. so i looked at the board of best lifts.

For Bench two guys have 335 ones fat as **** and the other is jacked (180ish lbs) and the football star of the school. after that it really drops down. 260 is like the 4th best and then 250 or something is 5the best.

My new goal is to hit 260 by the end of summer.

Squat... the best is high 500's (nearly 600) by above mentioned FB player... this is too far to set as a goal. basically what i gathered from this was 450 would be great sometime in my senior year.

also, i need to start doing cleans.... need at least two plates or i'll feel like a bitch. i've only done them a handful of times and can only get like 150-160 with the worst form ever. this summer i'm going to have my friend who has the clean record at his school (different school) teach me the form.

deadlift- they dont do straight bar DLs much.... i can probably straight bar more than a lot of people.... if i focused on trap/hex bar i could probably catch up to them within a year :), but trap bars are gay.

just put into perspective my strength level.... that is all lol

CallmeKing 04-27-2010 08:57 PM

Nice man you can forsure take some of those records. That's a hell of a squat though.

kman025 04-27-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 51771)
Nice man you can forsure take some of those records. That's a hell of a squat though.

dude's a goddam monster. some say he's on dat der juice though.... not sure if there just pussies looking for an excuse or if he is.

either way, its a **** load of weight. i wonder if he had good depth????

CallmeKing 04-27-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 51774)
dude's a goddam monster. some say he's on dat der juice though.... not sure if there just pussies looking for an excuse or if he is.

either way, its a **** load of weight. i wonder if he had good depth????

I couldn't imagine them being to strict as most football players at my school quater squatted.

BendtheBar 04-27-2010 09:06 PM

Do it to it Kman. And I'm betting that that 600 was a weak half squat - at least if it was like my high school. Hit a 450 heavy ass deep squat.

And then get your butt in a powerlifting contest.

kman025 04-27-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 51775)
I couldn't imagine them being to strict as most football players at my school quater squatted.

probably.... impressive no matter what...
Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 51776)
Do it to it Kman. And I'm betting that that 600 was a weak half squat - at least if it was like my high school. Hit a 450 heavy ass deep squat.

And then get your butt in a powerlifting contest.

probably.

that's the plan

Shaolinkiwi 04-27-2010 09:23 PM

If you want it bad enough you'll get it. Keep driving forward, these are realistic lifts and chances are this FB star is probably on the juice.

Even quarter squatting that weight at high school makes me skeptical. However always happy to be proved wrong.

jwood 04-27-2010 09:47 PM

Good goals kman, it is always good to have something to compete with, I am positive you will smash these goals. Good luck

And I agree the football squats probably did not have good depth

CoopDawg 04-27-2010 09:51 PM

We had a friend of mine graduate our school in 2008 he broke mississippi's state powerlifting record for squat 950 pounds. This is true as **** and in no way a lie he's a beast. He was also a fb but weighed about 275 pounds on a 5'9 ish frame

CoopDawg 04-27-2010 09:58 PM

THese are goals that you can definetly achieve. Goodluck kman