Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Ferruggia's Muscle Gaining Secrets

Any have Jason Ferruggia's Muscle Gaining Secrets? Someone wants me to approach him for an interview and I want to get to know a bit about what he preaches.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

I was't sure what all you wanted to know but i checked out his site some and seen this soon as it popped up. It's just a little something.
Today I’m going to share 3 unusual muscle building tips for a bigger chest and arms that you may not have heard before…

- If you suffer from slouched posture and your shoulders are rounded forward (from sitting at a computer all day) you often end up with tight pecs that won’t grow no matter what they do. This is one of the rare cases where I might recommend an isolation exercise. After your main pressing exercise, try doing one 10-15 rep set of bodyweight flyes, on rings or straps, getting a deep stretch in your chest. Immediately after the set, stretch your pecs intensely for 30-60 seconds. Also, be sure to include some face pulls and band pull aparts in your program to strengthen your upper back muscles and even out an imbalances.

- When doing curls of any sort start the lift by curling your wrists first. I forgot about this for a while but was reminded of it after a recent exchange with the first Mr. Olympia, Larry Scott, who was a big proponent of this technique and had the guns to show for it. When you do this you engage the forearms and get a stronger contraction from your biceps. You also shorten the lever arm which allows you to use more weight. Basically you get more bang for your buck out of the exercise.

- The best triceps building exercises in existence are close grip bench press variations and dips. But from time to time some isolation work can be beneficial; especially for advanced lifters (beginners should stick with the first two exercises) and guys with bad shoulders who can’t press or dip. In this case you are left with extensions and push downs. Both fine exercises; the problem being that they end up hurting a lot of people’s elbows.

To get the most out of these exercises while avoiding the pain try using Fat Gripz (FAT GRIPZ|FATGRIPZ|FAT GRIPS - The Ultimate Arm Builder!) on the bar, dumbbells or pushdown handles. The fatter grip forces the hand to open wider and alleviates stress on the elbow. Less pain leads to more growth. It also has the added
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

almost forgot accredit that to his website
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm looking for his e-book "Muscle Gaining Secrets".

Old 04-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

o sorry bro. thought you wanted a little of his teachings
Old 04-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

i think he had some articles on tnation. as far as the book i'll have to check my collection
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
Grim83
Max Brawn

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

still looking, but i did find his book 101 best exercises for size

No Bullshit no problems

Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm looking for his e-book "Muscle Gaining Secrets".
I'll check when I get home but I have a feeling I could possibly have that. Big possibility tho.

Will PM one way or the other.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
Grim83
Max Brawn

ok found it, sorry i've amassed a large collection of crap

No Bullshit no problems

Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Thanks guys. I want to interview him for MAB but I hate walking into interviews blind.