Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I ordered my NASM packet today (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2904)

CallmeKing 04-15-2010 09:33 PM

I ordered my NASM packet today

Yep, for NASM to become a CPT. I don't think I'm at the level I want to be to train anyone yet but, I figured I can soak up this information and learn. Maybe even get another certification. Should be getting my stuff in the mail soon. I'm really excited. I took all the money I had saved to go visit my friends/family this summer in Ohio out of the bank.

Oh well, just thought I would share.

Grim83 04-15-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 48459)
Yep, for NASM to become a CPT. I don't think I'm at the level I want to be to train anyone yet but, I figured I can soak up this information and learn. Maybe even get another certification. Should be getting my stuff in the mail soon. I'm really excited. I took all the money I had saved to go visit my friends/family this summer in Ohio out of the bank.

Oh well, just thought I would share.

cool man, i was wanting to get my stuff but i doubt ill do it now

CallmeKing 04-15-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 48467)
cool man, i was wanting to get my stuff but i doubt ill do it now

why? It would be cool to have someone to go over the material with and sh*t.

onetiredkris 04-15-2010 10:07 PM

I know im playing this quote out lately but its the truth : aint nuttin' to it but to do it!!!

Getting it started is already a good idea, the faster you get started the quicker youll reach your goal.

Grim83 04-15-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 48469)
why? It would be cool to have someone to go over the material with and sh*t.

its kinda pointless atm, because i can pretty much guarantee i will disagree with over half of the material, and I've already got a 40+hr a week job to hell with doing more. but on the other hand it would be cool to be certified plus it does add credibility (i cant figure out why the hell it does though). oh and one final con is i have better **** to be dropping my cash on lol

CallmeKing 04-15-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 48473)
its kinda pointless atm, because i can pretty much guarantee i will disagree with over half of the material, and I've already got a 40+hr a week job to hell with doing more. but on the other hand it would be cool to be certified plus it does add credibility (i cant figure out why the hell it does though). oh and one final con is i have better **** to be dropping my cash on lol

Ya, I definitely don't think just one test should be able to certify someone to train someone but there are some good trainers out there lots of bad ones though
Quote:

Originally Posted by onetiredkris (Post 48471)
I know im playing this quote out lately but its the truth : aint nuttin' to it but to do it!!!

Getting it started is already a good idea, the faster you get started the quicker youll reach your goal.

Put a shirt on man! You're showing everyone up with that avi

jslep 04-16-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

you shouldn't always be so closed minded grim you never know what knowledge you could be holding yourself back from by not believing you would have anything to gain from their material or thoughts on diet and training. trainers are only applying their own interpurtation of what they have learned you could take the same knowledge and see it differently.

BenReilly 04-16-2010 12:56 AM

ordered the NASM book a while back, getting the rest of the study materials from a friend once I finish the current certification I am working on

DocColossus 04-16-2010 02:29 AM

Quote:

its kinda pointless atm, because i can pretty much guarantee i will disagree with over half of the material...

Why would you be disagreeing with a certification that has been around for almost 100 years?!?!

BendtheBar 04-16-2010 06:41 AM

How expensive is the cert. I just checked out the site and the exam is $550. Is that correct?

Personal Trainer Certification, Fitness Training, Personal Trainer | NASM