Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default How to Handle Hatred

So, someone on the forum doesn't like you. What to do?

If someone posts and you don't like what they have to say:

A) Ignore them.
B) Intelligently debate their point.

Personal attacks are not the way civilized human beings respond. If you are feeling pissy, don't respond. Give yourself time to cool off.

I remind everyone that:

A) Each of us was a n00b at one point.
B) Each of us posts something stupid/silly every now and then.
C) If you post something on the open forum, be prepared for healthy criticism.

Be patient and respectful. Remember it's not what you say, it's how you say it. If you're trying to be an arse, it's not hard to read between the lines.

If you see a thread that you disagree with:

A) Don't take their opinion personally.
B) Find a way to express your opinion that doesn't involve purposely trying to invoke a fight.
C) Debate the argument, don't attack the man.

If you can't handle the above 3 - and we all have bad days - then don't post at all.

Humility is a noble personality trait. If you begin to realize that your opinion is based on broscience, or it may be based on broscience, don't get pissy. Suck it up and go do some research.

The end.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-13-2010 at 08:32 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

good points, we all need to be able to admit when were wrong
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
good points, we all need to be able to admit when were wrong
You have obviously never been married.

Excellant points Steve.

MAB is a place of respect, and the front page says it all. NO HYPE,NO BULL!

Healthy debate is good. I really like the point: "Debate the argument, don't attack the man."
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
Grim83
Max Brawn

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
You have obviously never been married.

Excellant points Steve.

MAB is a place of respect, and the front page says it all. NO HYPE,NO BULL!

Healthy debate is good. I really like the point: "Debate the argument, don't attack the man."
true, but i like the rambo style instead... pull out a m60 on his ass lol

No Bullshit no problems

Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
true, but i like the rambo style instead... pull out a m60 on his ass lol
I have often thought about putting a "no holds barred" forum on MAB...perhaps in the lounge.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, a bad thing, or a necessary thing. Sometimes the boys just need to fight.

Thoughts?

I'm not sold on the need for something like this, but with that said, if the community wants one forum to let all hell break loose, I would do it.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Grim83
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have often thought about putting a "no holds barred" forum on MAB...perhaps in the lounge.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, a bad thing, or a necessary thing. Sometimes the boys just need to fight.

Thoughts?

I'm not sold on the need for something like this, but with that said, if the community wants one forum to let all hell break loose, I would do it.
personally no, my comment was a joke and nothing more. when i first ventured onto the forums over at body buddies i got pulled into this and its just plain stupid, both parties walk away looking like an ass. now if we ever have a big meet and greet i say we find a boxing gym with a ring we can use, and let the people with problems duke it out

No Bullshit no problems

Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:

Thoughts?

I don't think we need it. It would spill over into the rest of the forum, and contaminate the place.

My personal feelings are this. If you want to act like an azz, go do it somewhere else. I want the level of discourse here to remain better than other places.

We can have fun without it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
It would spill over into the rest of the forum, and contaminate the place.
I agree. This is my opinion as well.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #9
Grim83
Max Brawn

Quote:
I don't think we need it. It would spill over into the rest of the forum, and contaminate the place.

My personal feelings are this. If you want to act like an azz, go do it somewhere else. I want the level of discourse here to remain better than other places.

We can have fun without it.
exactly, i mean i take potshots at almost everyone, but its all in good fun instead of actually trying to be just another asshole. we dont need it, and if someone wants to act like a douche ban him

No Bullshit no problems

Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:

Thoughts?

My thoughts..not a good idea. Here's why... This is completely unrelated to BBing, but still is related to forums online.. I brew my own beer, and post frequently on a few different beer related sites. One of them has no real forum structure..no sub forums, no categories..just all lumped together. Might sound confusing, but I can always find whatever thread I was looking for albeit through searching or subscribing to thread. Anyway, after a few people got rowdy and disrespectful, the owner decided to create a PUI foum.. PUI is Posting Under the Influence, whereas you could post whatever and not get any BS for your feelings and opinions on something, sober or drunk as hell..Political, Religious, Gov't issues, etc..all fell under that umbrella..

This went well for a few months, but eventually led to people using outside means to respond back to those who they disagreed with..think Facebook, MySpace, private emails, public functions with usernames on t-shirts with insults. Yeah, really immature BS being done by mostly 30+ "mature" men with a common interest. The PUI forum no longer exists, due to the extremely personal nature of the threads and attacks. Anyone who breaks the rules now is immediatly banned, no reprieves.

Now I've only been here for a few months, but I like it. I don't have people giving me sh!t for wanting to try something, or ask a question. I get what I'm looking for, answers and more importantly constructive criticism to keep me in check.... My post count and reputation at the other BB site was growing, and fast until I came here. I still post over there, as there are some people I know that have not come to MAB, and that's cool too.

I guess after that rant, I'm saying if you open a door with no rules, there's no way to control what is said, and how personal it can get. Where would you draw that line? I'd like to see a level of respect is kept here for all users, noobs like me, and full out near pros/monsters like the sponsored athletes..

And also, I come here because no other forum is cool enough to have this : ---->

Last edited by ricka182; 04-13-2010 at 10:31 AM.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote