Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   McCain Wants To Ban Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2651)

DieselWeasel 03-24-2010 12:24 PM

McCain Wants To Ban Supplements

We're getting screwed from both the left and right. :mad:

Beware of McCain's Freedom-Destroying Dietary Supplement Regulatory Bill

Save Our Supplements - Protect Your Access to Safe, Effective & Affordable Dietary Supplements

jhuse2 03-24-2010 03:52 PM

Screw this government. My grandfather and brother have fought for my freedoms to take what ever is legal. I am sick and tired of my government for the people and by the people telling me they know what is best for me. Now as it stands, if I don't have health insurancec for me or my family then I can be fined up to $2000 a year. And now they want to take away my supplements. F*** this government. Our founding father didn't intend for the government to be this way. I should be able to determine what is right and wrong for me and my family. Not some politician that can be bought.

kitarpyar 03-24-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel (Post 40407)

IMO, to a large extent the supp industry is like selling snake oil (not necessarily just Anaconda supps ;) ), although there are quite a few good supps out there I guess. So perhaps, this is not as bad as it looks. At the least, something done to curb the outrages advertising is definitely in order. Too many gullible folks lose their cash and give up lifting after few weeks once these miracle supps dont yield the advertised results.

DieselWeasel 03-24-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhuse2 (Post 40466)
Screw this government. My grandfather and brother have fought for my freedoms to take what ever is legal. I am sick and tired of my government for the people and by the people telling me they know what is best for me. Now as it stands, if I don't have health insurancec for me or my family then I can be fined up to $2000 a year. And now they want to take away my supplements. F*** this government. Our founding father didn't intend for the government to be this way. I should be able to determine what is right and wrong for me and my family. Not some politician that can be bought.

Amen, brother. I completely agree. :cheers:

DieselWeasel 03-24-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 40476)
IMO, to a large extent the supp industry is like selling snake oil (not necessarily just Anaconda supps ;) ), although there are quite a few good supps out there I guess. So perhaps, this is not as bad as it looks. At the least, something done to curb the outrages advertising is definitely in order. Too many gullible folks lose their cash and give up lifting after few weeks once these miracle supps dont yield the advertised results.

That's THEIR problem for being typical stupid, lazy Americans and not wanting to research the supplements that they put into their body. Don't penalize ME because the masses are ignorant and uneducated.

jslep 03-24-2010 06:07 PM

^^exactly!!!!!

BenReilly 03-24-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel (Post 40486)
That's THEIR problem for being typical stupid, lazy Americans and not wanting to research the supplements that they put into their body. Don't penalize ME because the masses are ignorant and uneducated.

this........its not my fault joe schmo who's never worked out before thinks that something is going to fix all his problems....

don't penalize those of us that know what we are doing....or know how to read directions for that matter