Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mariusz Pudzianowski on the strong man show "Deadlift Question" (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2636)

MMA Max 03-23-2010 12:46 PM

Mariusz Pudzianowski on the strong man show "Deadlift Question"

I was watching the strong man show the other night and I noticed the announcers said Mariusz Pudzianowski used more lower back then legs on the dead lift during the heavier weight. I noticed that when I used the heavy weight last time I dead lifted I did the same thing and I was able to pull up that 300 lbs alot easier, Is this terrible?

BendtheBar 03-23-2010 12:55 PM

No, not at all. Some people think the deadlift is like a glorified leg press. As long as your back isn't curving like a semi-circle during the lift you are good.

MMA Max 03-23-2010 12:59 PM

Next question, Is this Giant on Steroids? I mean this guy is ****en massive, Ripped and has veins popping out of every section of skin!

Do they even test for steroids in WSM?

I only ask this question because most of those guys on there look pretty normal, MASSIVE but normal..He looks like a robot!

BendtheBar 03-23-2010 01:03 PM

Mariusz Pudzianowski is definitely on the juice. I don't know about testing policies, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that he takes happy pills :)

MMA Max 03-23-2010 01:10 PM

lol ok, I know there are some people out there that can get like that and they are some of the lucky few, I train with a guy who is like a brother 20+ years of friendship. He is big and ripped and doesn't take one thing except the basic's. He gave me soooo much **** for taking tren and told me god gave you what you have and what you can look forward to, He didn't want you to cheat the system.

I said F u man lol! We all were not created with super genes that allow you to grow like that.

DieselWeasel 03-23-2010 01:23 PM

Pudzian is as natural as Ronald Coleman. LOL

ehubbard 03-23-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA Max (Post 40058)
I was watching the strong man show the other night and I noticed the announcers said Mariusz Pudzianowski used more lower back then legs on the dead lift during the heavier weight. I noticed that when I used the heavy weight last time I dead lifted I did the same thing and I was able to pull up that 300 lbs alot easier, Is this terrible?

Don't believe the hype that you need to use your legs as the primary movers on the deadlift. So long as you dont look like a scared cat, have strong abs, and work your lower back and glutes this technique is fine and will yield better gains in the long run. If you want to incorporate more legs on the deadlift, try the trap bar.

It is my understanding that WSM tests for drugs (cocaine, heroine, etc.), but not anabolic substances.

BendtheBar 03-23-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA Max (Post 40065)

I said F u man lol! We all were not created with super genes that allow you to grow like that.

Big guys like that would blow up fast on happy pills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel (Post 40068)
Pudzian is as natural as Ronald Coleman. LOL

^ Roger that.

DieselWeasel 03-23-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehubbard (Post 40070)

It is my understanding that WSM tests for drugs (cocaine, heroine, etc.), but not anabolic substances.

Yeah, when Pudzian got busted in 2004, he got busted for recreational drugs, not 'roids. However, they're a bit vague in the following quote.

'The doping tests are being conducted to make sure that the sport which is followed by a large number of young fans and families, remains clean and sets the example for the young generation.' Said Ali Gursoy, IFSA spokesperson.

'While IFSA allows several products which may be banned from other disciplines, the federation is particularly strict on substances that can affect the well being of its athletes. The banned substances list is updated regularly and all are parties given access to this information.'

'This is the first case IFSA have encountered and obviously whilst making everybody extremely sad the federation had to take action for the interest and integrity of the sport and all the parties involved in the discipline,' continued Ali Gursoy.

Source: IronMind

MMA Max 03-23-2010 01:48 PM

This was one of my fav fighters, He was busted for steroids

Sean Sherk Steroids - Drug Suspension - UFC Betting

Funny thing is, when he was on steroids he fought BJ Penn and BJ still beat the **** out of him