Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Expansion! There is always room for MOAR! Never enough information, just make everything very simple and easy to access (which it is) and just keep updating and adding information!

During my spring break I will take some of time to make some strong man technique videos and that should give this site an edge since even the strong man forum I post on doesn't have its own video thread.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

i have a lot of thoughts.... take em or leave em.... tell me what you think.

these are very unorganized sporatic and most are obvious, just a bitch to do or impossible ATM

Exercise videos- as the others have said, exercise videos.
- put them on youtube so when people search how to do lift X they come up.
-if you dont already, get a MAB youtube account so when when they check out where the vids came from they can get linked here

Elite fts is a great site and we should have some things they have
-Way, way, way in the future it would be cool to have the equipment they have....
--maybe eventually you could start selling small things such as bands, chalk, wraps, ect.
-they have regular "famous" writers and "team members"
--if we had writers who wrote more regularly people would start to follow along here... keep coming back. how EliteFTS has kroc and others.... maybe we could do this with the guys we have, although not quite as "famous"
---Jamie Lewis may be someone to look at. He has a large following and its growing. If he wrote articles here it could help both MAB and C&P get more recognition and growth.... He is just an example.... find some other blogers you could get, which would bring their followers
----Post results of MAB sponsered atheletes on a seperate part of the site than the forum
-honestly if we could get a few well known people it would bring a ton of followers of that person here. (i know this is obvious, but just putting it out there)
--think when when the team ground zero migration happened.... now imagine the level of followers if instead of Doc (no offense), it was jim wendler (just an example, he is already taken my elitefts ).... its all networking or whatever the **** its called. IRL & on the net.

More tools
-such as the list of the categories of lifters or whatever its called (beginner, intermediate, elite.... you know what chart im talking about)
-not sure if you can do this, but have excel spreadsheets for certain programs

Random Attraction
- the way you make those videos of all the squat fail or whatever, make a highlight real of MABers. like get some footage of BTB, Doc, and all the other crazy mother ****ers.
--these would come up under the related videos and videos you may be interested sections. if it was a MAB account, you could list a link to the site

.... cant think of anymore now, will post more later

btw, BTB your doing a great job with the site. it's pretty damn good now
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 03-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Have you considered reformatting peoples profiles to be a bit more like bb.com or Facebook, aka easier and more user friendly?

Also, an events calendar (to be viewed publicly) would be useful, a message board per state per region where any upcoming shows, contests, celebrity appearances...etc. would be seen by those who also live within that region. Maybe you could have a zip code search engine built into it so people can locate events within 50 miles of their hometown or whatever...

Having an archive for strongmen, power lifters, Oly lifters and bb'ers would be nice too. Have each archive be separate from one another, each with athlete bio's, links to their pages/websites, links to their personal journals if they have one (I chat with Travis Ortmeyer in his journal). Have videos linked to Youtube or wherever for each athlete, photo gallery, etc.

Lastly I think you should add another smiley for the Doc haha... a smiley of the Xman Colossus, having him look baddass and angry, and this smiley would be used anytime people were feeling like ripping someone in half after a great training session, or after finding out they only have a week to live, and everything in between... And call the smiley The Doc. That's just my opinion though haha...
Old 03-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #14
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Expansion! There is always room for MOAR! Never enough information, just make everything very simple and easy to access (which it is) and just keep updating and adding information!

During my spring break I will take some of time to make some strong man technique videos and that should give this site an edge since even the strong man forum I post on doesn't have its own video thread.
Yeah I can probably get some videos for that thread as well, specifically the tire flip and the technique I prefer, though many others do not (the dead lift technique, instead of the wide armed hip form).
Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
that'd be ****ing sahwweeet
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 03-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
what ever happened to getting the videos for the exercise database? i only see five exercises that have videos
That's in the works. It's a very time consuming process. I hope by the end of the year to have all them done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
That's a great addition that I would really be interested in, sadly people are stupid and no one wants to read.

I think this would be a better traffic maker.
A lot of the content is primarily for stealing Google search traffic from other bodybuilding sites, and for link building. So the wider the net we cast, the better.

Even if no one reads, we win by adding good reference pages.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

I want to add so much powerlifting info that we dominate the powerlifting and strongman markets.

I also want to destroy the other classic physique markets.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post

Exercise videos- as the others have said, exercise videos.
- put them on youtube so when people search how to do lift X they come up.
-if you dont already, get a MAB youtube account so when when they check out where the vids came from they can get linked here
Good ideas. We have a Youtube account and have had people making videos. We are slowly adding them, so this is a major goal and a great idea.

Quote:
Elite fts is a great site and we should have some things they have
-Way, way, way in the future it would be cool to have the equipment they have....
--maybe eventually you could start selling small things such as bands, chalk, wraps, ect.
-they have regular "famous" writers and "team members"
--if we had writers who wrote more regularly people would start to follow along here... keep coming back. how EliteFTS has kroc and others.... maybe we could do this with the guys we have, although not quite as "famous"
---Jamie Lewis may be someone to look at. He has a large following and its growing. If he wrote articles here it could help both MAB and C&P get more recognition and growth.... He is just an example.... find some other blogers you could get, which would bring their followers
----Post results of MAB sponsered atheletes on a seperate part of the site than the forum
-honestly if we could get a few well known people it would bring a ton of followers of that person here. (i know this is obvious, but just putting it out there)
--think when when the team ground zero migration happened.... now imagine the level of followers if instead of Doc (no offense), it was jim wendler (just an example, he is already taken my elitefts ).... its all networking or whatever the **** its called. IRL & on the net.
I am constantly hunting for young writing talent. The best way to attract writers is by growing the forum. I have the job of trying to attract writers for other sites and generally it's a case of "gravity". Once the site grows, we start attracting. I have attracted some well know names, but will defintitely keep working for more.

If you guys have names of lifters not affiliated with other sites, and would like them to write for MAB, by all means let me know. I'm not shy and will ask them to write.

The results idea for athletes is a good one, and an idea I will have the process. Maybe profiles and bios? With pictures, videos and results.

As far as sales, that's several years down the road. Once the site goes fulltime, I get into the possibility of supplement and equipment sales. And quite frankly, if I enter that zone, I will have pressure to pimp Product X. So I think MAB might live or die by being product neutral and not selling, per se. I would prefer to make money via advertising.

Quote:
More tools
-such as the list of the categories of lifters or whatever its called (beginner, intermediate, elite.... you know what chart im talking about)
-not sure if you can do this, but have excel spreadsheets for certain programs
More is always better. I welcome any/all tools suggestions

Quote:
Random Attraction
- the way you make those videos of all the squat fail or whatever, make a highlight real of MABers. like get some footage of BTB, Doc, and all the other crazy mother ****ers.
--these would come up under the related videos and videos you may be interested sections. if it was a MAB account, you could list a link to the site

.... cant think of anymore now, will post more later

btw, BTB your doing a great job with the site. it's pretty damn good now
More videos is always good.

Great feedback Kman.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #20
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's in the works. It's a very time consuming process. I hope by the end of the year to have all them done.
yeah i figured it's a pain in the *** to put together, but if there's a complete database of exercise videos here that could be a major part of getting more people to the site

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote