Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why (another) New Forum??? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238)

BendtheBar 07-06-2009 03:34 PM

Why (another) New Forum???

Why is MAB moving to (another) new forum?

Initially MAB's forum was run with a free forum software package...SMF. SMF was great, but it was easily hacked. I made a big, newb mistake by using SMF.

The switch to using Proboards to host the forum was a bandaid. I was laid off from work and had no cash to purchase the software that runs this board.

Well, site advertisement picked up, and I could afford to purchase vBulletin. This is the last change. vBulletin is the best out there.

vBulletin also allows this forum to get indexed by Google, which will only help traffic. Other then the different appearance, and a few more features like an arcade, nothing has changed but security and exposure.

Again, I am sorry for the two changes over the last 3 months, but again...this is the last change.

RickB 07-06-2009 04:19 PM

No problem Steve! Consider it growing pains and let's move on. ;) Like you said, you now have the best and I think your traffic will pick up because of that too. It's familiar territory for many.

BendtheBar 07-06-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 951)
No problem Steve! Consider it growing pains and let's move on. ;) Like you said, you now have the best and I think your traffic will pick up because of that too. It's familiar territory for many.

Thanks for your support Rick. I am committed to making MAB the best it can be, and want feedback from everyone.

After all, this is a community. :)

If you guys don't like anything about the new setup, please let me know.

rippednmichigan 07-06-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 951)

x2 keep up the good work my man!:cool:

meagain 07-06-2009 07:52 PM

Good change and looks great

BendtheBar 07-06-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meagain (Post 985)
Good change and looks great

I was hoping you wouldn't notice that somehow I messed up your avatar and it no longer moves.

:banghead:

jwood 07-06-2009 10:32 PM

New forum looks great, and it is awesome that you could continue the logs. Anything to make the community better!! Nice work!

BendtheBar 07-07-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 995)
New forum looks great, and it is awesome that you could continue the logs. Anything to make the community better!! Nice work!

Thanks jwood :cheers:

tim 07-12-2009 11:49 AM

I like it alot MB it looks amazing and Vb is the best out there until I create my forum software in the next year or so :P. But no it looks great.

BendtheBar 07-12-2009 12:13 PM

Thanks Tim, and good to see you.