Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Calling all computer geeks (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2337)

strkout35 03-10-2010 09:30 PM

Calling all computer geeks

a software appeared on my computer called antivirus pro. it's a rogue antivirus meaning it basically tells me my computer is about to blow up with viruses so i should buy their premium subscription to fight it. it's a scam. I've tried everything i can to delete it but whenever i download another spyware thing it blocks me from opening the new spyware so avoid being deleted. i got one spyware open: malwarebytes antimalware software, but after scanning it said no files were infected...i know this isn't really the site for this but i know some of you guys are pretty technologically savy, can anyone help me? it's driving me nuts :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

CallmeKing 03-10-2010 09:32 PM

Same thing happend to me and I just restored my computer back a week so It would be gone. If you have anything really important you saved within the timeframe you're restoring your cpu save it to an external disk or a usb.

strkout35 03-10-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 36351)
Same thing happend to me and I just restored my computer back a week so It would be gone. If you have anything really important you saved within the timeframe you're restoring your cpu save it to an external disk or a usb.

how do you restore it back a week?

CallmeKing 03-10-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 36358)
how do you restore it back a week?

Search your programs for system restore then follow the steps it gives and pick the date you would like to restore it to.

strkout35 03-10-2010 09:49 PM

bam! restored it to last monday, craps off my comp :thefinger: thanks for the help man

CallmeKing 03-10-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 36366)
bam! restored it to last monday, craps off my comp :thefinger: thanks for the help man

haha nice. no problem man.

BendtheBar 03-10-2010 10:13 PM

I have "Malwarebytes" and "Ad aware". I run one every other day after I am ready to hit the hay. I run these with my anti-virus. I find that keeping only one anti-spyware software isn't good enough.

Mombow111 03-10-2010 10:29 PM

I find the key to avoiding spyware and malware is to physically break your computer before the bugs can breach you computers security systems.

ricka182 03-11-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 36374)
I have "Malwarebytes" and "Ad aware". I run one every other day after I am ready to hit the hay. I run these with my anti-virus. I find that keeping only one anti-spyware software isn't good enough.

+1 on this...I also got the same damn virus.. I was lucky enough to have my personal data on a seperate partition, which was recoverable so I didn't lose anything..but I had to completely wipe and reload my laptop..