Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Took some initiative today for once (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2304)

CallmeKing 03-08-2010 10:53 PM

Took some initiative today for once

I finally went out and checked out some colleges. I plan on getting my EMT and paramedic and hopefully getting onto a Fire Dept. Anyways I was super nervous and not knowing what to expect but It wasn't bad at all. I hope to start college my EMT courses in May.

I just felt like sharing this because I haven't really put any effort into school since who knows middle school. I'm super excited now I just need to find a job down here.

onetiredkris 03-09-2010 12:30 AM

Good ish King, you chose a great career path that not only pays but teaches you a crap load.
How old are you? (if you dont mind)

BendtheBar 03-09-2010 10:11 AM

Good job taking initiative. Take it from someone who drank their way out of college...life sucks ass without a degree. Not an easy road.

jwood 03-09-2010 10:15 AM

Good work man, I wish I would have done more work in High School. But I got really lucky, because I love my school and college has been the best 4 years of my life. But I will see how good my school really is when I graduate and need a job.

I used my athletics to get me into a good academic school.

kman025 03-09-2010 03:55 PM

congrats man.... i too have been lazy as hell since high school started.

my proficiency test scores are always well above average, but i just am lazy as ****. glad to see your getting **** done.... at some point i will have to do the same :(

CallmeKing 03-09-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetiredkris (Post 35682)
Good ish King, you chose a great career path that not only pays but teaches you a crap load.
How old are you? (if you dont mind)

18. I saw the class they were teaching in and everyone seemed older 30+. The school is very small also only six kids in the day class.

MMA Max 03-09-2010 05:25 PM

GOOD! Go back to school man! School is the key..I am almost done and I suggest to everyone in these trying time to get a education while you can before OBAMA ****s it up

Shaolinkiwi 03-09-2010 05:48 PM

I remember when a degree would get you a job - these days it get's you an interview, the more & higher the better.

CallmeKing 03-09-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi (Post 35889)
I remember when a degree would get you a job - these days it get's you an interview, the more & higher the better.

I'm not getting a degree I'm just going for my EMT and paramedic certs and if need be I will go back to school ad get my associates.

DocColossus 03-09-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 35896)
I'm not getting a degree I'm just going for my EMT and paramedic certs and if need be I will go back to school ad get my associates.

Brother just be proud that you're challenging yourself in that way and NEVER take away from yourself by using the word "just" following the word "I'm"... You're getting out there and making it happen, be proud man!!:rockon: