Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

View Poll Results: Should Planet Fitness practice what they preach and not judge?
Yes they should stop being hypocrites 15 100.00%
No they're right, you're the Dbag here, not them. 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #21
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Yeah man...Planet Fitness sucks.. They have sensors under the mats near the benchs and dumbell racks..if you stomp hard enough you could set it off.. Then of course, everyone looks at you while the staff comes over to shut it off.. I just wanted to punch the guy who yelled at me so hard, right in the side of the neck..
i had a buddy invite me to one a while back, i laughed so hard i nearly cried
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #22
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

What a BS gym

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

dude thats bull ****. this is why america is filled with fat pussies.

is there someone you could report him to for the fact that he is making you feel the way they try to keep pussies from feeling?

one more thing, "son, i am disapoint". why leave. dont let some little bitch mess up your training.

..... if you ever decide to leave there, go out with a bang. bring a camera and go crazy
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
dude thats bull ****. this is why america is filled with fat pussies.

is there someone you could report him to for the fact that he is making you feel the way they try to keep pussies from feeling?

one more thing, "son, i am disapoint". why leave. dont let some little bitch mess up your training.

..... if you ever decide to leave there, go out with a bang. bring a camera and go crazy
DITTO.... Go out with a bang, clash and clang of the plates...
Make their ears bleed.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #25
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

First thing, I would not go tearing the place up and cause a scene. This will only give fuel to their fire of not wanting real weightlifters in the place.

Second thing, Your not really surprised by their attitude are you? I think of a lot of these so called chain mega gyms as nothing more than a video game version of a real gym. You know where the real gym is at. It's the fully functioning strongman place. PF is nothing more than a brick facade of a place that looks like a gym. Hell it probably doesn't even smell like a real gym.

While I'm not one of those guys that needs to throw dumbells and plates around, I find it laughable that a "GYM" has sensors that detect if you put something down to hard. That a gym has unwritten limits on just how big a member can be. Thats just absurd.

I agree with you about why this pisses you off. In a way PF is doing you a favor. Your not the only person who has had this type of experience with places like this, and your not going to be the last. Whats the favor their doing you? Real gyms are starting to make a comeback. The real gyms are not overcrowded with little scared bambi's. You have the right kind of people lifting there.

You could always do this as well,

"Colossus Gym"
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #26
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

^^^ Thats what im thinking.... how much money would it cost to open up a real gym?
youcould put up a 40x60 steel frame building, insulated and all for about $35000, and then equip it. the only real problem would be getting members.... i would think you could do something like this for around 50-70 thousand... hummmmmmm, new retirement plan????
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #27
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
^^^ Thats what im thinking.... how much money would it cost to open up a real gym?
youcould put up a 40x60 steel frame building, insulated and all for about $35000, and then equip it. the only real problem would be getting members.... i would think you could do something like this for around 50-70 thousand... hummmmmmm, new retirement plan????
Ive read on Forbes Magazine that opening up a Curves is the best income to start up/overhead ratio for a basic business.

If you guys don't have them around you Curves is a female only gym.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #28
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Sound the alarm, I have bashed that place so much online on other forums, I just can't do it anymore. Needless to say I hate this place with a passion.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #29
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

BBG, where's your video of when you went there?

and you should open up a gym.....

EDIT:
found it myself

another EDIT:

would you like to look like any of these people?

User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Last edited by kman025; 03-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.
kman025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #30
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
BBG, where's your video of when you went there?

and you should open up a gym.....

found it myself

YouTube - Judgement Free Zone

I wish my video was closer then this but I already got lunked 2 other time in new hamsphire, and didn't feel like suspending my friends membership. That one isn't so bad since they at least let you deadlift in the rack, or let you take their gay yoga mats and put it under the weights. Thats better then nothing I suppose.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote