Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

View Poll Results: Should Planet Fitness practice what they preach and not judge?
Yes they should stop being hypocrites 15 100.00%
No they're right, you're the Dbag here, not them. 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #31
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
YouTube - Roid Rage

I wish my video was closer then this but I already got lunked 2 other time in new hamsphire, and didn't feel like suspending my friends membership. That one isn't so bad since they at least let you deadlift in the rack, or let you take their gay yoga mats and put it under the weights. Thats better then nothing I suppose.
that was hillarious!!!

so thats a planetfitness huh, whats with the gay 'you belong' banners?

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

After watching and learning a bit more about PF, I'll say it's even worse than I thought.

I came to the conclusion for myself a long time ago, that I was not a commercial gym kind of person. Nothing I have seen has done anything to change my mind about that.

I have seen some very cool serious gyms, that I might would like to train at, but even then, I hate having to wait, or schedule my workouts around other people. Home gym is where it's at for me.

PF is exactly whats wrong with so much in our society today. They cater to the lowest common factor, and lead them to believe that they are doing good enough.

I love their sign, "You belong." It's true, the people who go there do belong there. With all the other underachievers who want to feel good about themselves while not doing the hard work to excel.

I don't think you have to go beserk while working out, but you can make some nosie, and on occasion drop a weight a little. If that never happens then how hard are you really working?

I'll stand by my earlier appraisel, and say it again. Doc, they are doing you a favor. Move on man. That place only looks like a gym, don't be fooled.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #33
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

planet fitness sucks. so you cannot grunt either huh? I realize it's conveient for you so that's a choice you will have to live with.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73

The Rocker TV Toss Champion!
Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post

You could always do this as well,

"Colossus Gym"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
^^^ Thats what im thinking.... how much money would it cost to open up a real gym?
youcould put up a 40x60 steel frame building, insulated and all for about $35000, and then equip it. the only real problem would be getting members.... i would think you could do something like this for around 50-70 thousand... hummmmmmm, new retirement plan????
To both above: that's my long term goal, already have a proposal worked out, trust me guys I would love nothing more!!!

Quote:

I'll stand by my earlier appraisel, and say it again. Doc, they are doing you a favor. Move on man. That place only looks like a gym, don't be fooled.
Like I said I have 2 other gyms, I just need to start training there more than PF I guess...
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #35
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine
Default End rant/

I walked into Planet this afternoon, head held high, and spoke to the GM (he's one of the good ones there). I explained how uncomfortable the regional staff has been making me feel, and that I thought it in everybody's best interest if I trained (full time) elsewhere. He didn't want to, but he did agree it was best, and I cancelled the membership.

He shook my hand, commented on how well the whole thing went down, thanked me for it, and I walked out, head still held high.

I went back to my other gym about 20 minutes away from home, walked in to see it is now a full on Worlds Gym, and was actually "home". Great session followed, and I am just glad to be done with the Planet Fitness garbage.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #36
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

glad to see this came together for you man.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #37
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
I went back to my other gym about 20 minutes away from home, walked in to see it is now a full on Worlds Gym, and was actually "home". Great session followed, and I am just glad to be done with the Planet Fitness garbage.
Thats what it should feel like right there. Glad it worked out, and I hope you get your buisness going like you plan. Good luck with that. GL, aka jeff
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #38
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
glad to see this came together for you man.
Quote:
Thats what it should feel like right there. Glad it worked out, and I hope you get your buisness going like you plan. Good luck with that. GL, aka jeff
Thanks guys, despite the distance to drive to get to the gym, I loved the workout! Very happy to be back there, the place looks awesome too!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #39
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Thanks guys, despite the distance to drive to get to the gym, I loved the workout! Very happy to be back there, the place looks awesome too!!!!
as the others said, glald to hear it man.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 03-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #40
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Top 2 reasons they hate me at Planet:

9 plates, 450lb inc. bar.

855lb.