Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anyone else excited for... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2211)

folkprophet 03-01-2010 05:57 PM

Anyone else excited for...

The new Nightmare on Elm Street movie. For some reason, of all the big blockbusters coming soon, this one excites me the most. Is it just sentiment for the 80s? I don't know. Anyone else feel the same?

What other upcoming movies are y'all excited for?

BendtheBar 03-01-2010 05:59 PM

Clash of the Titans looks damn good. And I'm up for a new Nightmare.

folkprophet 03-01-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 33245)
Clash of the Titans looks damn good. And I'm up for a new Nightmare.

Oh yeah. More retro 80s. I love it!

RickB 03-01-2010 06:05 PM

Yeah, I'm not really into "pop out at ya" kind of movies. But COTT looks good to me. 3D too! The other day though I mentioned I wanted to fight Freddy ;)

folkprophet 03-01-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 33249)
Yeah, I'm not really into "pop out at ya" kind of movies. But COTT looks good to me. 3D too! The other day though I mentioned I wanted to fight Freddy ;)

To be fair...COTT was made into 3D after it was filmed because of the success of Avatar. Avatar (as I read) was filmed without any 'pie in the face' moments...James Cameron filmed it as a 2D movie but with 3D cameras. So the 3D for COTT really should only enhance the flavor and they shouldn't be sticking things in your face or shooting broken glass at you or anything.

jslep 03-01-2010 06:13 PM

saw the trailer for IronMan 2 that looked pretty good.........

BendtheBar 03-01-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslep (Post 33254)
saw the trailer for IronMan 2 that looked pretty good.........

It better be.

jhuse2 03-01-2010 09:12 PM

My vote is for Clash of the titans. I never was a big fan of freddy krueger. I am going to watch the new Halloween 2 tonight. Then Saw VI. Then the gamer. I don't go the theater because the screen hurts my eye.

JBlack16 03-01-2010 10:04 PM

Looking forward to Toy Story 2 and Brooklyn's finest, usually not a movie buff though so not sure of anything else that's coming out. I still haven't seen Transformers 2 and I liked the first one a lot.

folkprophet 03-01-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBlack16 (Post 33363)
Looking forward to Toy Story 2 and Brooklyn's finest, usually not a movie buff though so not sure of anything else that's coming out. I still haven't seen Transformers 2 and I liked the first one a lot.

Well, if you liked the first Transformers...the second's about the same. Maybe. I found them both to be annoyingly hard to watch, moderately acted at best and not very compelling as far as story goes. I could forgive some of that. But Michael Bay has got to be the worse action director ever! Used to be better. Later stuff is so confusing. What the @#%$ is going on? A bunch of metal just got blended up in a mixer for 30 minutes. Wait. Who was that? What's going on?!?