Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Is this an open time frame, or are they looking for submissions right now?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

I may be in for this as well. I don't really stick to any set protocol and I think that may be what I'm going to try and show people.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Is this an open time frame, or are they looking for submissions right now?
This is ongoing. I'm trying to actively bring in new voices. The site has had one primary writer and we want to add as many voices as we can.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

you will have to be my proof reader Steve. I am to lazy to go back and correct spellin typos.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_716 View Post
you will have to be my proof reader Steve. I am to lazy to go back and correct spellin typos.
thats why i keep him around lol
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_716 View Post
^ That's what I do all day long home slice. I'm an editor. I polish turds. So send over your turd

Just - please - don't use all caps or add in any exclamation points.

Quote:
This ROUTINE IS GREAT!!! I LOVE it!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

BUMP here is a little something I wrote up, still working on the rest and am editing it. Its my work in progress but I figured I share it with everyone.

A Beginner's Guide to Getting Strong

Education & Experience

You are a beginner; this means your experience ranges from none to very limited. As someone who has done around 8 sanctioned competitions in both Strongman and Powerlifting, as well as several (around 5 so far) collegiate Bench only meets all before the age of 21, and none before the age of 19,I have some experience under my belt.

This has also given me a sense of wisdom. Age and weight are only categories people fall under, but there are two key elements of Experience that I will bestow upon you; Time and Progress.

-The lifter, who has progressed much but has only been lifting one year, has no idea what time is, and eventually without knowledge their progression will stall.

-The lifter who has been lifting for 10 years but has made little progress is just wasting his time.

I may have only competing for little over two years but I touched my first dumbbells and barbell when I was only 14 years old, however I hadn’t started training seriously with goals of competition until I was around 18 years old.

From then to now, I have been reading everything I could on muscle building and strength training, from muscle magazines, to strength and muscle anatomy books, to elite fitness and Westside method training articles, to old time strongman books.

I have attended seminars, met some very strong men in both Powerlifting and strongman and while I may be years away from being an elite lifter, at this point in my life I sure as hell am no beginner. I have dissected their mindsets, eating habits, training routines, competitions, programming until I figured out that they all had one thing in common. They knew their own bodies well enough to give others advice about their own.

To be strong, truly strong, you must set the ego aside and be willing to learn. Willing to listen, willing to read, willing to take the time out of your day and devote it to something greater. I try to keep things as simple as possible, but sometimes there are no simple answers. You must just develop a 6th sense if you will and just start to understand your body and how it works. “Civilize the mind, but make savage the body”.

This leads me to my first installment of what it takes to get strong, first stop on the list is Training.

Training- What is training?

Last edited by Bodybygamma; 02-25-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: I wanted to separate the paragraphs so its easier to read
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Looks good Tony

Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #19
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I am looking for strength and supplement writers for Muscle & Strength.

You do not get paid for articles, but you will get an author bio and plenty of exposure. M&S is the largest natural site on the net, and has a vast base of beginning lifters.

If you have something to say, and want to help the natural side of the sport, I want your articles. They can be on any topic...workouts, strength training for naturals, supplement plans, supplement articles, rants, raves, etc.

Articles must be a minimum of 800 words.
Count me in for either supps or strength, believe it or not I can write quite a bit when I want to... See below.

Can i increase my bench from 205 to 315 in about 5 months? - Page 3 - Bodybuilding.com Forums

PM me the details, I'm game!
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Count me in for either supps or strength, believe it or not I can write quite a bit when I want to... See below.

Can i increase my bench from 205 to 315 in about 5 months? - Page 3 - Bodybuilding.com Forums

PM me the details, I'm game!
I believe you can Doc. Plus I'm a kick ass editor (better editor than writer, I am I am). I'll send you a PM in the morn.