Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
robsorangegym
Hillbilly Lifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Powerlifting since 12/15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Huge Gainer
robsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beastrobsorangegym is a lifting beast
Default Latest Tiger Fitness article

Just wanted to post this here, its an article I wrote to try to get some more bodybuilders to try powerlifting while explaining how it could help their bodybuilding if they decide to go back to that high rep training. A few solid programs, one from the M&B site.

https://content.tigerfitness.com/how...-bodybuilding/

USPA Meet PR's 75kg Open/Masters Class
Squat: 162.5kg (358.25lbs) Bench: 125kg (275.58lbs)
Deadlift: 190kg (418.88lbs) Total: 477.5kg (1052.71 lbs)
robsorangegym is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsorangegym View Post
Just wanted to post this here, its an article I wrote to try to get some more bodybuilders to try powerlifting while explaining how it could help their bodybuilding if they decide to go back to that high rep training. A few solid programs, one from the M&B site.

https://content.tigerfitness.com/how...-bodybuilding/
Nice. Always good to see mabbers getting stuff published.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Nice. Always good to see mabbers getting stuff published.
I agree - your very talented Rob!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs/500X5
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
SCStrong
Max Brawn

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Furry Critters
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Good read, Rob !
Old 11-17-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
Biggraygrizzly
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master member

Not bad, I started out in powerlifting and I always based my training around the big three squat, bench press, squat, and I may change up from time to time with dumbbell for chest and shoulders, and recently I went back to pulling , I had to modify something instead of deadlifting off the ground I rack pull, and I do alternate squats, and rack pulls so I don't fry my back and I know every good bodybuilder does powerlift, because it develops thick thickness and density in the muscles, so a bigger muscle=a stronger muscle, when I was competing in the 90's we had Mike François who in the off season would train at Louie Simmons's West Barbell, and that was a rarity, because Louie does not allow bodybuilder in his gym at all! and Mike was an IFBB Pro. my training style is now Power/Muscle/ Burn which was developed by Steve Shaw and I will say this the best system I have ever used, and I love it for fact it give different rep ranges to promote hypertrophy so I still keep the power in the power exercises which is always a good thing, and I had no nagging injuries since I have been doing this system and my last thing I will say this most "Bro think that if your going to compete in bodybuilding that you should not squat or deadlift because it make the butt bigger by squatting , and deadlift widens your waist well I can tell you when I competed I kept squats, and deadlifts and I held on to my size, sure when you have restricted calories you not pushing the amounts weights that you were when you powerlifting, but you be bigger than the "Bro builder who believes light weights and high reps, because you have to give muscle a reason to stay big!
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows
LindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master memberLindenGarcia18 is a master member

Nice work, Rob.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote