Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Getting MAB Back on Track

Suggestions to bet MAB back on track?

What can I do/we do?

I've had a long year. Many life changes and a relocation. Things are finally settling down.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Suggestions to bet MAB back on track?

What can I do/we do?

I've had a long year. Many life changes and a relocation. Things are finally settling down.
Nudes?

Here to help in anyway I can BTB
Pro Total@275

PowerRackStrength.com

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #3
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

This is just my 2c, and I'm hardly even a lifter atm :/, but sure...

It would be great to see more of you around here, Mr. Bearded Beast. Not criticising, just noting it. I totally get that you've been extremely busy, and priorities are what they are in life. Even so, it would be a good thing.

I don't see anything else "wrong" with this place. It seems to draw good folks to it, same as ever, and there's so much less bullshit around here than most other sites (that I've seen).

Anyhow, good to see ya again!
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #4
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

Is it really off track? I tend to think forums in general are on the decline, all though I could be wrong. Either way, this is still a good place, with good people.

I think you have a powerful influence when you are present, so that would only help. Not that I am criticizing you for not being around or trying to throw shade. I am just saying you have a strong personality and your presence is going to have a positive impact.

Bring back the infamous shout box. I forged a lot of good relationships in the shout box. It allowed an interaction that was a bit more personal. I got to know a lot of the good guys and gals around here. Just a suggestion, I think it could help.

Nudes. Definitely nudes.

Whatever happens, I'm on board and will try to start posting more often. I faded away for a while.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

I dont think its off track. Boards are on a decline in general for what I have seen but MAB has a lot more traffic then most of those. You have built a good board Steve.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 15
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Is it really off track? I tend to think forums in general are on the decline, all though I could be wrong. Either way, this is still a good place, with good people.

I think you have a powerful influence when you are present, so that would only help. Not that I am criticizing you for not being around or trying to throw shade. I am just saying you have a strong personality and your presence is going to have a positive impact.

Bring back the infamous shout box. I forged a lot of good relationships in the shout box. It allowed an interaction that was a bit more personal. I got to know a lot of the good guys and gals around here. Just a suggestion, I think it could help.

Nudes. Definitely nudes.

Whatever happens, I'm on board and will try to start posting more often. I faded away for a while.
With BTB bear influence.....I am retracting my nudes statement
Pro Total@275

PowerRackStrength.com

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
KennyM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: On and off about 7 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Milk, I crave for it.
KennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributorKennyM is a dedicated contributor

What everyone else said + free bacon.
Squat 475/Bench 308/DL 550

As of 2-7-2016 being coached by Miked96
KennyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #8
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Is it possible to re-activate that email notification when someone posted anything in thread(s) we follow ... We still get notifications but only when someone send a PM ... it was very convenient ... besides that re-activate that "Challenge" and "Member of the Month" thread ...
Old 07-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #9
robsorangegym
Hillbilly Lifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Powerlifting since 12/15
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Huge Gainer
robsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machine

This is the only forum I use. I like it because it isn't full of trolls, guys talking down to each other to make them feel better and the other bs we've all seen on most of the forums. I did like the shoutbox but I don't think there is anything wrong with M&B. Obviously female nudes would be a plus but the forum is on the Internet and I've heard rumors that there may possibly be a way to find nude pictures somewhere else on the Internet. I'm willing to help or contribute if needed to improve the forum if needed.

USPA Meet PR's 75kg Open/Masters Class
Squat: 162.5kg (358.25lbs) Bench: 125kg (275.58lbs)
Deadlift: 190kg (418.88lbs) Total: 477.5kg (1052.71 lbs)
robsorangegym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
SCStrong
Max Brawn

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Furry Critters
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

I vote
More BtB presence ( not nudes )
Bring back the old shoutbox
Bring back MoM
More bacon
.... and nudes
Also , wouldn't mind seeing links to current Comps ( PL, Oly, Strongman) and maybe some equipment reviews