Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
melvin2345
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Bacon
melvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beast
Default Don't be this guy

So I have this cousin, who I barely ever see, let alone speak to. A few months back, out of the blue, he starts messaging me on Facebook. Turns out he and his wife started selling It Works products. Every so often he'll feign interest in whatever the last thing I posted was, and try to use that to segue into an It Works product that would be awesome for me, or try to let me know how awesome it is being an It Works ambassador/salesperson/drone/whatever the hell they call themselves.

Here are a few highlights:

Most Recent Meets:
August 1, 2015 - (Write-Up) - 1,306 lbs @ 262 lbs (474 squat, 275.6 bench, 556.7 deadlift) - 341.34
April 16, 2016 - (Write-Up) - 1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift) - 374.59
August 6, 2016 - (Write-Up) - 1,454 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 622.8 deadlift) - 377.44

Next Meet:
April 29, 2017 - GOALS: 1,520 lbs @ 265 lbs (551.2 squat, 325.2 bench, 644.8 deadlift)
melvin2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
Ramrod
"1500" by 2017
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 17
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Squats
Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!

Just funny really and kind of Said. Sure pal it works...

Proudly sponsored by
www.RAMRODREVIEWS.com

Meet PR's: 480/320/520 Total: 1320 @180
GYM PR's 520/340/550 = 1,410

instagram @ramrodreviews
Powerlifting Routines
Lifting Large Coupon Code for 10% off "EBBC"
Strong House Project Coupon Code for10% off "RAMROD10"
Blue Line Barbell Coupon Code for 15% off "Morey15"
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Had a friend once who got into something a bit like that, and wouldn't shut up about it either.

He won't be missed...
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
Knarf Dorsey
Rage against the Age
Brawn

Training Exp: 30 Years
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Cleans
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
Knarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2345 View Post
So I have this cousin, who I barely ever see, let alone speak to. A few months back, out of the blue, he starts messaging me on Facebook. Turns out he and his wife started selling It Works products. Every so often he'll feign interest in whatever the last thing I posted was, and try to use that to segue into an It Works product that would be awesome for me, or try to let me know how awesome it is being an It Works ambassador/salesperson/drone/whatever the hell they call themselves.

Here are a few highlights:

I gotta be honest, I don't think it was that bad. I think he could have been way more pushy. But, that being said, it would be annoying.

It's not the weight you use, but how you use the weight.
Knarf Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #5
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

Everyone I have ever seen selling this stuff is fat and out of shape. They put the big decal on the back window of their vehicle. My neighbor was selling it and she is an overweight, loser with no job. Not judging, just saying I think this type of product attracts lazy people trying to get rich quick.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:18 AM   #6
melvin2345
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Bacon
melvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Everyone I have ever seen selling this stuff is fat and out of shape. They put the big decal on the back window of their vehicle. My neighbor was selling it and she is an overweight, loser with no job. Not judging, just saying I think this type of product attracts lazy people trying to get rich quick.
Their big seller is their body wraps. Basically expensive Saran Wrap that causes overnight water loss. People see immediate results, get happy, then return to sad after the water returns in a couple days. Then they have to buy more wraps, lather, rinse and repeat.....

It's honestly a brilliant money making scheme. Evil. But brilliant.

Most Recent Meets:
August 1, 2015 - (Write-Up) - 1,306 lbs @ 262 lbs (474 squat, 275.6 bench, 556.7 deadlift) - 341.34
April 16, 2016 - (Write-Up) - 1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift) - 374.59
August 6, 2016 - (Write-Up) - 1,454 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 622.8 deadlift) - 377.44

Next Meet:
April 29, 2017 - GOALS: 1,520 lbs @ 265 lbs (551.2 squat, 325.2 bench, 644.8 deadlift)
melvin2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:24 AM   #7
BravenFenix
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 04/2013
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master member

Yeah, if only there were less people trying to sell shit..

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bravenstrong/
Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forum/show...d=1#post566261
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #8
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef
Nezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machine

I think depending how irritating they were I'd probably have put quite a lot of effort into telling them how dangerous and deadly the snake oil they were selling really was. Maybe take an article about thalidomide, find and replace the word "thalidomide" with "It works New You". Print it off, run it through the scanner a few times, send it to them and say "I hope you're not planning in having kids.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
Gorship
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deads
Fav Supp: Vega All in one protein
Gorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite member

person on my facebook starting selling "Thrive" by le-vel, so many posts about it and to go buy it... sigh.
Philippians 1:21: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Log!

www.needGod.com
Gorship is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:19 AM   #10
Norwegianubie
Fisherman and buttwatcher
New Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: None
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chewing tobacco
Norwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributorNorwegianubie is a consistent contributor

lol !
Norwegianubie is offline   Reply With Quote