Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default E-stat Supermen

How many times have you seen an e-stat Superman give training advice to no end, but be unwilling to post a picture, video or training log...

I don't know if this is a question or a vent, really. Just had to say it.

There are a couple of posters that I cross paths with on a daily basis (not here) that provide a lot of advice, but have no pictures. They have strong opinions which often contradict my own stubborn opinions. And I get the feeling that if they threw up a picture, the crowd of followers that listen to them would dwindle.

Anyway, please pull forward for your order.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

yeah, i gotcha Steve..... there are alot of know it alls, that dont follow thier own gr8 advice... thus the reason they dont post up pics
Old 02-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

I've come across a couple of these mainly over at bb dot com. Challenge to provide a pic or vid of them lifting said e-stat and they begin a flaming attack in an attempt to dis-credit you.

Since coming here I'm posting less and less at the above aforementioned site, due to trolls and e-stat supermen as you put it.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks for allowing me to vent. I am in no way saying that those without pictures shouldn't give advice. And I am surely not in the best condition of my life. I also don't believe you need to look perfect to know something.

I just find that 9 times out of 10, the guys that give you the greatest amount of grief seem hesitant to be forthcoming with their current state,

Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How many times have you seen an e-stat Superman give training advice to no end, but be unwilling to post a picture, video or training log...

I don't know if this is a question or a vent, really. Just had to say it.

There are a couple of posters that I cross paths with on a daily basis (not here) that provide a lot of advice, but have no pictures. They have strong opinions which often contradict my own stubborn opinions. And I get the feeling that if they threw up a picture, the crowd of followers that listen to them would dwindle.

Anyway, please pull forward for your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks for allowing me to vent. I am in no way saying that those without pictures shouldn't give advice. And I am surely not in the best condition of my life. I also don't believe you need to look perfect to know something.

I just find that 9 times out of 10, the guys that give you the greatest amount of grief seem hesitant to be forthcoming with their current state,
Look Dude,

If all you want to do is come here and complain about stuff such as I highlighted above, then maybe you should start your own weightlifting forum!

Oh SNAP!! You did just that.

I for one am glad you did. I think you'll find as has been mentioned already, that most people are tired of the Trolls, and the E-Stat Mightymouse's.

I, for one, like the fact that you do require members to post a picture to give training advice. By setting the bar higher than the other place, you draw the right kind of people. Get enough of the right kind of people together, and you have an Army.

Look at all the new people who are showing up, and saying what a great place this is, because of the standards that you require. People want a place like this, with the rules. It makes the content here, more valuable.

The Trolls will arrive, but they will see that there is no food for them here. They will leave the same way they came, and this place will continue to grow and get stronger, member by member.

The bar has been set. Require the members to meet the bar. Don't lower it to make it easier.

Thanks for the hard work.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Thanks for the hard work.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
ChAoSandPAIN
New Brawn
Points: 291, Level: 5 Points: 291, Level: 5 Points: 291, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

ChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good posts

The Irongarmers are the grand world champions of that sort of thing, which is especially awesome since they post their training logs on the site. Seeing **** like 3x10x135lbs on squats is particularly amusing after they toss around a litany of insults like "fag" and "meathead".

That is the largest repository of ill-informed fat ****s on the internet.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
Smirkules
Brawn
Points: 2,232, Level: 28 Points: 2,232, Level: 28 Points: 2,232, Level: 28

Smirkules is new to the forumSmirkules is new to the forum

I for one come here because everyone posts pictures. I know who you guys are and I know I'm not going to read bullcrap.
Smirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAoSandPAIN View Post
The Irongarmers are the grand world champions of that sort of thing, which is especially awesome since they post their training logs on the site. Seeing **** like 3x10x135lbs on squats is particularly amusing after they toss around a litany of insults like "fag" and "meathead".

That is the largest repository of ill-informed fat ****s on the internet.
I did not know that. I've been there a couple of times and assumed that because you hung out there that it must be a bit more hardcore.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Look, I can curl 500 lbs 30 times, I don't need to post pics to prove anything to you!
Now hold on, I have to yell at my mom b/c she forgot to cut the crust of my PB&J.
MAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

But, seriously, great job here, Steve.
The tone on training is adult and serious while still allowing fun, manly things. Many sites are too PC or too bloated to enforce any culture or community.
I'm almost forgetting the other site where I used to post daily...