Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
Knarf Dorsey
Rage against the Age
Brawn

Training Exp: 30 Years
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Cleans
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
Knarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributor
Default What's the last stupid thing you did?

I was going through the very beginning of my warm up today. Because I'm an old fart, the beginning of my warm up is basically getting the blood going and loosening up the old joints. At this point, my focus isn't honed in, yet. As I had power snatches on the menu today, I began to loosen up with the bar. I threw the bar up, and, as I said, my focus isn't wear it should be, I failed to bring my head back. So, SMACK! The bar nails me square in the forehead.
So, now I get to wear a big bump in the middle of my forehead that lets everyone know how big of an idiot I am sometimes.

It's not the weight you use, but how you use the weight.
Knarf Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
SCStrong
Max Brawn

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Furry Critters
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

good one ! Last really stupid thing for me in the weight room was a couple of years ago - I got in the squat rack and loaded 225 ( did not think to check the floor ) some gym bro had spilled water on the floor..... I stepped back with the bar on my shoulders, slipped, and fell straight back.... the pins caught the weight and a younger guy came over to help me up.... major embarrassing moment always check your surroundings, kids !!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I had 2 straight squat warm up sets last week where I forgot to put a 45 pound plate on the right hand side of the bar.

This usually happens to me once every 5 years. Guess I was sleep-squatting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarf Dorsey View Post
I was going through the very beginning of my warm up today. Because I'm an old fart, the beginning of my warm up is basically getting the blood going and loosening up the old joints. At this point, my focus isn't honed in, yet. As I had power snatches on the menu today, I began to loosen up with the bar. I threw the bar up, and, as I said, my focus isn't wear it should be, I failed to bring my head back. So, SMACK! The bar nails me square in the forehead.
So, now I get to wear a big bump in the middle of my forehead that lets everyone know how big of an idiot I am sometimes.
I did the same thing with a stick warming up. I was doing hang muscle snatches and talking to my Oly coach. The look on his face when I did it was hilarious even though I was embarrassed and ended up with two black eyes. It always got brought up every couple of weeks.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I did a pushpress into my chin some years ago. Split a toth
Old 09-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Knarf Dorsey
Rage against the Age
Brawn

Training Exp: 30 Years
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Cleans
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
Knarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributor

Glad to see that I am in such good company with my idiocy!

It's not the weight you use, but how you use the weight.
Knarf Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:14 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I once upright rowed the bar into my chin and cracked a tooth.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #8
SCStrong
Max Brawn

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Furry Critters
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarf Dorsey View Post
Glad to see that I am in such good company with my idiocy!
Solidarity, Brother !!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #9
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!

Gym follies. nice!
First time using suicide grip performed nine reps flawlessly, tenth rep I exploded up to lockout which proceeded to dump the weight at full extension onto my chest. There was silence broken only by my laughter at how asinine. 275 was on the bar sure that was the reason for their initial silence.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #10
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

It's been a long while but once I about knocked myself unconscious by hitting the back of my head on a barbell while I was over aggressively setting up to bench press.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote