Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #1
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine
Default So it's 6:30am....

And I am still yet to fall asleep tonight! Well, no, I had one of those things where you lay down but the nerves in your back are so f*cked from the surgery you had several months back that they shoot tingles and numbness down your a** and hips and legs, and all in all prevent you from getting even an ounce of sleep, yet the nerves relax JUST ENOUGH to allow you to ALMOST get a wink of sleep then BOOM there they go again!!

Yeah that's pretty much what's going on with this nights sleep... I gotta find a way to get some shut eye tonight!
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hit the pillow big guy. I got up after 6 hours of sleep and just wanted to get my Friday work done, hit the gym, and collapse.

Lack of sleep sucks.

Are the tingles supposed to go away any time soon?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hit the pillow big guy. I got up after 6 hours of sleep and just wanted to get my Friday work done, hit the gym, and collapse.

Lack of sleep sucks.

Are the tingles supposed to go away any time soon?
Actually that varies based on each person, but he thinks for me they could run as long as a year or more post op, so who knows...

He also said my back hit a plateau in recovery and is at 70% recovered, and will likely not get better than that/muh better than that...

Time to prove him wrong haha!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Actually that varies based on each person, but he thinks for me they could run as long as a year or more post op, so who knows...

He also said my back hit a plateau in recovery and is at 70% recovered, and will likely not get better than that/muh better than that...

Time to prove him wrong haha!
I used to trust doctors at their word. My wife still takes everything they say as gospel.

But heck man, you're a lifter. They don't have a clue what you're capable of physically. The average Joe would have to be taken to the ER if they were forced to endure a 20 rep squat set.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
I used to trust doctors at their word. My wife still takes everything they say as gospel.

But heck man, you're a lifter. They don't have a clue what you're capable of physically. The average Joe would have to be taken to the ER if they were forced to endure a 20 rep squat set.
Very true haha, imagine the look on an average guys face if I stood him in front of my 16-18 plates rack pull/barbell shrug and said "ok, now lift that...8-10 times without stopping, put it down, wait a few minutes and do it again, then another few minutes and again, and then again and MAYBE again"...

He would sh*t pickles and say it could not be done.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Very true haha, imagine the look on an average guys face if I stood him in front of my 16-18 plates rack pull/barbell shrug and said "ok, now lift that...8-10 times without stopping, put it down, wait a few minutes and do it again, then another few minutes and again, and then again and MAYBE again"...

He would sh*t pickles and say it could not be done.
Exactly.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #7
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Exactly.
F*cking doctors.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:02 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
F*cking doctors.
Around here everyone seems to be prescription pushers. I had a cough for 5+ weeks, and doc gave me 3 prescription...antibiotics, cough medicine and some kind of inhaler.

I only got the antibiotics script...didn't work. Doc asked why I didn't get the others. I told her that they were given to me to relieve the cough and not cure the cough. I'd rather keep my money if they weren't going to take the cough away.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Around here everyone seems to be prescription pushers. I had a cough for 5+ weeks, and doc gave me 3 prescription...antibiotics, cough medicine and some kind of inhaler.

I only got the antibiotics script...didn't work. Doc asked why I didn't get the others. I told her that they were given to me to relieve the cough and not cure the cough. I'd rather keep my money if they weren't going to take the cough away.
Yeah I am currently on a stress med, several different kinds of pain meds and muscle relaxant meds, an anti-biotic, a Rx mouthwash (having a tooth removed), 2 different forms of AAS and whatever else I take throughout the day (Ibuprofen...etc). Seems there's a medicine for everything these days, or at least that's what the powers that be want us to feel so we continue paying for it all!!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Yeah I am currently on a stress med, several different kinds of pain meds and muscle relaxant meds, an anti-biotic, a Rx mouthwash (having a tooth removed), 2 different forms of AAS and whatever else I take throughout the day (Ibuprofen...etc). Seems there's a medicine for everything these days, or at least that's what the powers that be want us to feel so we continue paying for it all!!
I'd probably accept more scripts if our insurance didn't blow.