Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Cutty
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member
Default Hyphy Mud 2

So there's a new energy drink coming from Kali Muscle soon called Hyphy Mud 2 or HM2 for short. It actually looks kind of promising.

I wrote a short article on it here, check it out.

Hyphy Mud 2: HM2 Energy Drink

I'm not sure what ingredients will be in it but it will be a resemblence of the original hyphy mud with a coffee flavor. From what I understand it'll taste better and have 200mg of caffeine per can.

What are your thoughts?

TheByrn.com

Max Gym Lifts: 515/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512
Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Anything overhead
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!

I don't get it.

It looks like he's selling coffee mixed with 'soda'.

(a) Is this right?

and if so:

(b) What does the soda do? Speed absorption? Why?

and

(c) Why not just dissolve some coffee in a soda, rather than pay a mark up on it?

If he's really just selling coffee dissolved in soda, it's the most brilliant piece of marketing since George C Parker strode the earth.

Ignoring irrelevant credentials since I was 17.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
Dray
focus: quads & upper back
Max Brawn

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Dray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
It actually looks kind of promising.

( ... )

What are your thoughts?
You have got to be kidding me. Please say it's so...

My training log
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Cutty
Max Brawn

Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Why is it not promising?

TheByrn.com

Old 11-30-2014, 12:48 AM   #5
Biggraygrizzly
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 32
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machine

Cutty,
I love the taste of coffee, and my "zen" moment every morning and occasionally I like cup before a work out the problem I see with HHM2 is just like the rock stars drinks is that people tend to guzzle them instead of sipping like you do coffee which is hot, and people guzzle it like they do Rock Star drink and that can have a negative effect if it is ingested too fast. As for Kali's wonder drink inmates would make their own concoction when I work in correction health care it was "Foxys" it contained Sudafed,coffee, and kool-aid
I know that back in the nineties Ma- hung was great for fat loss and mental focus and combined with the sugar from kool-aid and the kick from the caffine made guy work out hard, in-fact we had one keel over dead from a massive heart attack, so I have a lot of reservations about pre-work in general.
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #6
Cutty
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
Cutty,
I love the taste of coffee, and my "zen" moment every morning and occasionally I like cup before a work out the problem I see with HHM2 is just like the rock stars drinks is that people tend to guzzle them instead of sipping like you do coffee which is hot, and people guzzle it like they do Rock Star drink and that can have a negative effect if it is ingested too fast. As for Kali's wonder drink inmates would make their own concoction when I work in correction health care it was "Foxys" it contained Sudafed,coffee, and kool-aid
I know that back in the nineties Ma- hung was great for fat loss and mental focus and combined with the sugar from kool-aid and the kick from the caffine made guy work out hard, in-fact we had one keel over dead from a massive heart attack, so I have a lot of reservations about pre-work in general.
I'm a little late to the party but wow that's some pretty good concoctions hah. I don't recommend mixing them. They have non stim pre-workouts which are great and when I was off of stims I would simply take Creatine and Beta Alanine with some grape juice and it did wonders for me as well.

TheByrn.com

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #7
Biggraygrizzly
Uber Brawn

Biggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machineBiggraygrizzly is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
I'm a little late to the party but wow that's some pretty good concoctions hah. I don't recommend mixing them. They have non stim pre-workouts which are great and when I was off of stims I would simply take Creatine and Beta Alanine with some grape juice and it did wonders for me as well.
Better late than never, I agree with you on Creatine and Beta Alanine I think that the best combo
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #8
Cutty
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
Better late than never, I agree with you on Creatine and Beta Alanine I think that the best combo
Great minds think alike

TheByrn.com

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #9
Biggraygrizzly
Uber Brawn

You Know it!