Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor
Default Special Ops bans pre-workout and test boosters

Got word today from one of my friends in AFSOC, that as SOCOM advised, they have banned use and possession of any supplement containing "nitric oxide" and all "test boosters". The wording is very vague other than it is considered an article 92 of the UCMJ violation. I don't know if all of SOCOM has put the ban into place.

So far it only affects AFSOC units and attached personnel, but I could see the entire service follow suit. I do see problems with enforcing this ban however. You cant test for any of the ingredients, so you basically have to be caught buying or using .

I wonder what all of y'all have to say on this or what you think about it.
AF-Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

There was a ton of anti-preworkout sentiment when I was in tradoc, which makes sense because people are idiots. We had a heat casualty in AIT and it turned out he took C4 before a run. A RUN. Moron.

The funny thing is that Monsters are still the unofficial official drink of the military. So no pre-workouts, but feel free to slam some Monsters if you need a little help staying up for the 24 hour shift.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
brad1224
Max Brawn
Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

^^^^exactly!!!

some people dont use common sense. for one why do you need a preworkout to run?

C4 is prettty stim heavy so i can see that happening no problem. A lot of people think just because these pres are OTC that they can abuse them. I am no one to talk because i remember taking 4 or 5 scoops of no xplode back in the day. now i dont go over one no matter what product it is. dont depend on preworkouts get your energy from food

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Henry19
Max Brawn
Points: 3,767, Level: 38 Points: 3,767, Level: 38 Points: 3,767, Level: 38
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift/Squat
Fav Supp: Skittles
Henry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master memberHenry19 is a master member

Is stimulant use in the army as bad as it's portrayed in Bigger, Stronger, Faster?

I think it's not unreasonable to ban pre-workouts given how much they get abused. With that said, I'm not sure I see any logic to banning Test boosters.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

That was the AF in the movie. They get prescribed the go pill and no go pills (sleeping pills). It makes sense though. The sheer number of hours they fly on a mission is insane. Fighters and helos dont have bathrooms either. Some fly solo. They have to have the go pills to gt the job done and it does take its toll. After a week or two of flying they have to take a few weeks off to recover. They look like zombies by the end.

I think the pre workout sentiment is due to a lot of people misusing it and being dehydrated. We had a guy go into kidney failure on deployment from drinking every night, then working out hard and drinking lots of protein shakes. No water at all. He basically was pissing coke brown.

Education is key, but most people dont take the time to read anything or think critically about how things may affect them.

I think the test booster ban is more aimed at prohormones. I know a few people who use them but have no clue what they are taking. So now to remove any chance, they are blanketing test boosters and nitric oxide to cover their bases. Though I do think more of us in service should get hormone panels and see if we are deficient. Its highly likely and most are but dont know.
AF-Iron is offline   Reply With Quote