Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor
Default Body Set Point Theory?

I was wondering what is everyone ones thoughts on the body set point theory? For those of you that have not heard of it, it bascially says that everyone has a certain genetically determined weight/bodyfat that his or her body stays at. Some people diet and when they come off it go back to pretty much their body compostition before. While some Ectomorphs pretty much stay skinny or lean the majority of the time. Just a couple examples

Now part two of the question. If you believe in this theory, do you believe a person can change their body weight set point by staying at a certain body compostiton for a long time?

This is the main reason I bring up this thread. Before doing my show I stayed fairly lean but didnt have abs. Now after having dieted down and having my shoulder injury I have stayed around 8% or so bodyfat for several months while eating like crap all weekend long. I cleaned up my diet and I am currently eating over 350g of carbs a day and cannot gain weight and stay hungry all the time. I was never like this before and it made me think of this theory. So what say you???
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links