Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Chillen
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default A Tribute To: Tannhauser

"Introducing the "Triple Crown Personal Masterpiece:"

The body and mind molded within: Tannhauser

Tannhauser has the mind-body connection and the personal ability to sell himself when the body.....resists.

Yep he does....

Age has nothing on you Buddy.........hence, I honor you, and your efforts...

Real Eyes, Realize the Prize is Inside.

The way you create any outcome in your life is to hold the vision of your deepest desires.

At the same time, though, you must honestly and accurately assess your current situation and how it relates to your greater vision.

By doing this, you engage tension between what is and what can be.

This tension is the primary creative force behind the manifestation of any outcome.

It’s as natural and powerful as the force of gravity.

Some of the steps you take may end up being detours or out-and-out mistakes. .

By staying focused on your vision, though, you’ll find even those mistaken steps useful in the creating process. Because, Tannhauser is wise and experienced.

================================================== ============

Tannhauser:

It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not. Happiness is fleeting; only joy lasts forever. One can only be joyful once he/she realizes that external material and trivial things should never penetrate the internal character.

================================================== =============

With much respect:

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Anything overhead
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!

Don

I have to be honest and say that I don't always fully understand your posts. And with a degree of shame, I admit that I don't always have the patience to read them properly either.

But I do see in you someone that sincerely tries to reach out to other human beings. And whereas most of us don't feel we can do this if we don't know the people involved, it isn't a barrier for you.

I am far from a religious person, but God bless you for that.

Ignoring irrelevant credentials since I was 17.
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Don
But I do see in you someone that sincerely tries to reach out to other human beings. And whereas most of us don't feel we can do this if we don't know the people involved, it isn't a barrier for you.

I am far from a religious person, but God bless you for that.
Most people have common emotional denominators and traits--especially when they are working with their diet and training to earn a personal goal. How this is put together, just depends on the individual. I do not need to know the person, to know this.

This view is partially based through practical personal application, and the observation of others having goals under the iron and diet.

The emotional traits and denominators are enclosed in a spirit, and if I can write something to touch this (knowing the aforementioned) in the right and meaningful way, then I have accomplished my purpose.

However, I know that personalities cause some complexities in this view, and I know, it touches some in the wrong way, though I mean well.

Trust me, when I tell you, the very way I have written on this forum, got me banned from another forum, after 10,000 posts in 8 months. I have been apprehensive in posting in this manner on this forum, because of this experience.

None were negative, none were confrontational. They were all positive, and in like manner as seen on this forum. I always show respect. I got banned for being to "positive" and passive aggressive, and it is still a wound that has not healed yet.

Honestly, my heart was in the right place, and was just trying to touch people, in my own way. I wanted people to feel the joy in my heart I have in the passion under the iron, and have them realize, they can have it too, and if I get banned (though it hurt), I am okay with it, if it touched just one person in a meaningful and beneficial way.

Everyday, I see what a passionate inner-being can do to a person when the body is plagued by diseases and not willing to perform; however, is pushed to perform from the passionate inner-being driving the process.

I know my grammar and writing skills could drive some to the nut farm.

It is a small thing, and can get over it. But, I will try to improve.

Plus, I refuse to have a barrier hinder touching someone else. Rather I look at the common traits, and responses forthwith, and then tailor a post to this.

Have a great day, Tan.

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 06-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!Tannhauser is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Trust me, when I tell you, the very way I have written on this forum, got me banned from another forum, after 10,000 posts in 8 months. I have been apprehensive in posting in this manner on this forum, because of this experience.

None were negative, none were confrontational. They were all positive, and in like manner as seen on this forum. I always show respect. I got banned for being to "positive" and passive aggressive, and it is still a wound that has not healed yet.
How do you even write 10,000 posts in 8 months? Wow.

I'm sure (as you say) your heart was in the right place. You certainly have a huge heart. Maybe it was just a bit much for them, like receiving a bunch of flowers twice a day. Although where 'passive aggressive' comes from I've no idea as I never see that in your posts at all.

One thing I like about MAB is that it is a very gentle-natured community. There are a lot of lifting sites out there that are crammed to the gunnels with macho bullshit. On those, nearly every comment is faggot-this and pussy-that and douche-bag and so on. That stuff gets old really fast. I think it's good to see a site like this where people aren't afraid to show a bit of vulnerability or even downright neediness at times. A well-run virtual community can have a genuinely supportive role in someone's life.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
clubmanager
Brawn

Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
clubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machineclubmanager is a lifting machine

Tannhauser and Don; you two guys have been the most supportive from any of the boards I've been using.....and when I read this string, it made me realize I should just say that. Peace to the both of you. Your comments are helping me along my journey and at 52 years old, it's hard to find like-minded people on these forums.
clubmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #6
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Cheers to both of you ...
Old 01-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Tann always challenges me to think. I respect him greatly for that.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #8
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Thanks guys.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Tann always challenges me intellectually, Don always challenges my intellect. I need both. Thanks to both of you.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #10
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubmanager View Post
Tannhauser and Don; you two guys have been the most supportive from any of the boards I've been using.....and when I read this string, it made me realize I should just say that. Peace to the both of you. Your comments are helping me along my journey and at 52 years old, it's hard to find like-minded people on these forums.
Peace to you CM. Thank you for taking the time to write this post. Being supportive of one's healthy goal is a critical portion of a forum, in my opinion, regardless of the personal goal want. CM, you will be successful. In truth, it is all up to you, and to a large extent what is going through your head as you work toward your personal goal wants. If your goal is sound, never let anyone persuade you off course. You have to be tougher than the toughest critic: Whether it is yourself or someone else.

I am just as passionate today toward my lifting and diet, as when I first started. It has not diminished at all. In a lot of ways, it has matured and grown, due to what the journey has taught me along the way. In my late 40's, I was 200lbs (with man boobies), and back pain, and felt the aging process creeping on me like a burglar and thief: I could feel and observe the future at this time, and I did not like what I saw coming. I was not going to allow this burglar and thief to take (too fast) the physical quality of my life, and knew there was only one way to jail this burglar and thief, and this was through diet and physical training--for life. My citation, was making a personal lifetime commitment to myself and only set goals that stirred my heart and soul properties. I know through trial and error, that the iron and the mechanics of diet, has made a major difference, and know I would be in far worse physical and mental shape if I had not made these like decisions.

I went from about 200lbs, down to 152-154, by design. By design, I mean "what I wanted out of my body through the efforts of diet and training". I then spent considerable time getting my weight up some, and went from 152-154 to 162-168. Which is where I am at currently.

I have always trained for all-around strength and conditioning, and I am not one dimensional. People can say what they wish, but getting lean (under 10 percent BF) is tough (especially the last few pounds), and tougher maintaining it (because the body-for the most part-does not like its BF too low), but is not unhealthy if it is not too low.

During this time, I spent as much time, educating the path in which I wanted to walk. Like in life, troubles come up, and it is no different when adding diet/iron goals, and I simply wanted variable tools to choose to make changes if or when needed. And, continued and on-going education does this.

I personally know the journey, the dedication, discipline, hard work involved, and that each individual support system can be different from one person to the next.

I want people to feel the euphoric high one can get during the course of their journey to their goal, and the intense personal satisfaction when they earn their goal, and maintain it.

Two weeks ago, I got a blood tests (and other tests completed), like I do every 6 months or so. My Cholesterol is: 128, Triglycerides: 38, PSA: .02 (Prostate, which is phenomenal for my age bracket especially), and Testosterone a little above normal for my age bracket. These numbers have been fairly consistent the last few years, and would hate to think what these would be (along with my physical condition) if I had not physically trained with goals, and changed the dieting mechanics.

The very best to you, CM, and thank you for your comments.

Have a great day,

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 01-08-2015 at 09:01 AM.