Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #91
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
When I hit a 1300 total this May at my next meet (500 squat, 515 dead, 285 bench) I will literally be happy dancing around the platform like a big fool. This will represent almost 30 years of lifting for me and will be one of my greatest lifetime achievements.
You'll deadlift more. I know this
fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #92
Biggraygrizzly
Uber Brawn
Points: 989, Level: 16 Points: 989, Level: 16 Points: 989, Level: 16
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 32
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributor

If I may please,
I must say that "Vitamin A" is a heck of drug and yes they do work, I personally never did them, nor will I ever, I have no ill will if some one does, that between them and their god, I have trained with guys that were on it and one thing what I can tell you whether you train clean or on "A" you still bust your ass no matter what, it still comes down to on how you train. Now days most people want start on "A" out the gate instead learning how to train with proper form, and keeping an eye on nutrition, and some guys just take them to look good in the gym or the club so other guys can have "man crushes" on them, my opinion if your going to use them it must be for risk vs. reward like in NFL, MLB etc., because those guys use their body to earn living so I could see why ,but for me I have health issues that I'm not willing to chance so that why I stayed natural, you just have bust your ass smartly, pay attention your nutrition, use evidence based supplementation, get your rest and you can build an outstanding body or set records in powerlifting I have seen it done and done it myself ! So I say just keep pumping and whatever road you may choose do be informed and do you best!
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #93
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
If I may please,
I must say that "Vitamin A" is a heck of drug and yes they do work, I personally never did them, nor will I ever, I have no ill will if some one does, that between them and their god, I have trained with guys that were on it and one thing what I can tell you whether you train clean or on "A" you still bust your ass no matter what, it still comes down to on how you train. Now days most people want start on "A" out the gate instead learning how to train with proper form, and keeping an eye on nutrition, and some guys just take them to look good in the gym or the club so other guys can have "man crushes" on them, my opinion if your going to use them it must be for risk vs. reward like in NFL, MLB etc., because those guys use their body to earn living so I could see why ,but for me I have health issues that I'm not willing to chance so that why I stayed natural, you just have bust your ass smartly, pay attention your nutrition, use evidence based supplementation, get your rest and you can build an outstanding body or set records in powerlifting I have seen it done and done it myself ! So I say just keep pumping and whatever road you may choose do be informed and do you best!
Your post made me think of something else. In my research for my first injectable cycle I saw LOTS of people who were taking fairly serious drugs and didn't look very impressive at all. There are plenty of people out there who KNOW that they are nowhere close to their natural potential, but they don't want to put in that sort of effort, or give it enough time to get there. You can take steroids and look like a fairly impressive natural even if you don't train hard, and you can do it fairly fast.

Of course, if you don't care to take the time and effort to get trained up and become a fairly well developed natty before you take the leap, you probably also aren't going to pay attention to important things like watching your liver, minding your diet and PCT. If you don't pay attention to things like that, you won't just miss out on gains. You'll miss out of years of your life, because you'll screw yourself up good.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #94
Biggraygrizzly
Uber Brawn
Points: 989, Level: 16 Points: 989, Level: 16 Points: 989, Level: 16
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 32
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Your post made me think of something else. In my research for my first injectable cycle I saw LOTS of people who were taking fairly serious drugs and didn't look very impressive at all. There are plenty of people out there who KNOW that they are nowhere close to their natural potential, but they don't want to put in that sort of effort, or give it enough time to get there. You can take steroids and look like a fairly impressive natural even if you don't train hard, and you can do it fairly fast.

Of course, if you don't care to take the time and effort to get trained up and become a fairly well developed natty before you take the leap, you probably also aren't going to pay attention to important things like watching your liver, minding your diet and PCT. If you don't pay attention to things like that, you won't just miss out on gains. You'll miss out of years of your life, because you'll screw yourself up good.
Well put, in this age of what have you done lately crowd, no one considers the AST,(Liver function) Bun/Creatanine(kidney function) or how it can raise the LDL, VLDL, Triglycerides increasing risk for heart DX, because everyone just see the final product( The Outside). Like I said Vitamin "A" is a heck of drug!
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote