Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
elfmanscoop
Brawn
Points: 518, Level: 10 Points: 518, Level: 10 Points: 518, Level: 10
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

elfmanscoop has made some quality postselfmanscoop has made some quality postselfmanscoop has made some quality postselfmanscoop has made some quality postselfmanscoop has made some quality postselfmanscoop has made some quality posts
Default How many eggs a day are safe to eat with yolks?

Please advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
elfmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
bigalfry
Max Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Beef
bigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machine

I've had 6+ for breakfast every morning for the last 6 years.
I personally can't say that I've ever heard of an unsafe quantity of eggs.
Deadlift 425
Total = 1061

Meet PRs:
TBD

Training Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17327
bigalfry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Adamite1114
Max Brawn
Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: on and off 7 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

When bulking I had 4 full eggs every morning with shredded melted cheese on top. I feel like 2-4 is the average. But is there an amount that's unsafe to eat at once? It's probably never been studied before but I'd guess there isn't. Just make sure it works well into your Daily Calorie and Daily Protein goals.
Adamite1114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Haha. I ate an average of 12 eggs a day along with pancakes (no syrup, used egg yolk instead) for about 3 weeks during a lean time of no work as that was the cheapest way to eat I could find. Didn't hurt me a bit and I might have even gotten stronger.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Enough!

Unless you are eating dozens a day, you should be fine.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

As many as you want. Eggs aren't dangerous. Neither is saturated fat.

Eggs are packed with good nutrition. They are an entire entity in a convenient hard shell pouch.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

There's some interesting information here:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/134/1/187.full

You have to remember that studies of this nature are done on healthy populations, and that people that already have a disposition to higher cholesterol and/or do suffer with maintaining balanced cholesterol levels may not respond in the same way as the people within the studies.

Even with people on cholesterol reducing medications, cholesterol can still become raised when their diet has more of an influx of certain foods...that's not to say that they will all respond that way either and certainly does not mean that people with no health issues will have any problems with cholesterol, just that some do...I know this because of hubby's diet and meds, he reacts differently to cholesterol in food which surprised both of us, but he's also a renal patient, so there may well be many factors not least the list of meds that he has to take daily.

In addition, regarding cholesterol levels, lower cholesterol levels does not mean healthier levels either, just as high does not necessarily mean a person's cholesterol levels are bad...it's the ratio between the two that's more important, along with lifestyle factors etc...lots of variables to take into account.

Basically, people that are not so healthy, need to watch things more closely; those that are generally in good health and are active, don't need to really worry about those things.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

I eat 2-4 every day....and I had a stroke 2 and 1/2 years ago....I get checked out by the doctor on a regular basis...Im as healthy as they come!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

All of them, it's only unsafe if you hit around 90-150 in 12 hours then you risk vitamin A poisoning much like you can get from bear liver. I don't even think BtB could hit that on a reckless bulk. Some studies even should an link between high dietary cholesterol and healthy blood lipids. Don't know if there is an upper limit on that though.
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote