Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Iron_Addict82
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: Not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good posts
Default All these people

So the new year resolustionist are in the gym now and it is affecting my flow......I'm not a form officer (im strict as possible on my self) but alllll these fools are using TERRIBLE form, leaving weights all over the place. Took me 5 mins, 5 mins to find a pair. They are all in groups taking up space. Shit is pissing me off. I try to be respectful to other lifters but yesterday I just had to take a bench b/c 4 guys just casually using, more talking then lifting. Just needed to vent.
Iron_Addict82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
1morerep
Max Brawn
Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

I heard you. That's one of the reason that I'm training at home. Every two or three weeks try to hit the metalmilitia compound (IF POSSIBLE AND SCHEDULE ALLOWED). And just visit the post gym to sit in the sauna. But I guess that next month all those "new year revolutionist" should be out of there....

BY THE WAY...Even the sauna was packed yesterday!!!

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Addict82 View Post
So the new year resolustionist are in the gym now and it is affecting my flow......I'm not a form officer (im strict as possible on my self) but alllll these fools are using TERRIBLE form, leaving weights all over the place. Took me 5 mins, 5 mins to find a pair. They are all in groups taking up space. Shit is pissing me off. I try to be respectful to other lifters but yesterday I just had to take a bench b/c 4 guys just casually using, more talking then lifting. Just needed to vent.
With regard to the weights all over the place and groups sat chatting, I blame the gyms, most I imagine will not bother to give newcomers advice on etiquette, all they want is the money, and a newcomer may know nothing about etiquette in the gym.

Aside from people that are just too lazy to put stuff back anyway which is just common sense, I mean, but unfortunately we don't live in a world any more where a percentage of people bother to put stuff back, they have to be taught that's what they're supposed to do when they finish.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Iron_Addict82
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: Not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good posts

I asked 1 group to put their weights up and they gave me a look like "am I suppose too"?. I blame the gyms as well. I just hate getting frustrated once I get in my zone.
Iron_Addict82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Give it a week. They'll be gone.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

I'm training at the university gym once a week, and last night was horrible. In my 3 years, I've learned 4-6 are typically peak hours, and around 4:30, I may have to drive around two or three times to get a parking spot. I showed up to park around 5:35 last night, and got a spot around 6. I got in the gym, only to find a small line to scan cards for entry, and then to the power racks to find all of the weights were horribly lined up or on the floor. It all adds to the experience, and for myself at least, adds more of a sense of value to my time spent.

So, during this rush, my best advice is to value the opportunity to use the equipment rather than become annoyed by the lack of etiquette or large crowds. Realizing that it is "your turn" to use a barbell, rack, machine, etc. can add a new perspective to your training, and subsequently, you will train better and harder. If the crowd inside doesn't motivate you, find a gym you drive 15 minutes to, and another 20 minutes for parking. It adds value to your time spent.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

I train at a coommercial gym and I have been so frustrated wit the crowds, rudeness, etc that I have actually skipped 3 works outs. I cannot focus with all the cell phone conversatons going on..... blame it on my ADD- or that I am an irritable old bastard
Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #8
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Find a new gym or learn to focus.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Find a new gym or learn to focus.
Can't argue with that .....
Old 01-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
bigalfry
Max Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Beef
bigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machine

My wife lifts with me and I've been trying to convince her that we should just buy a rack and workout at home. She kept on the argument, "But I'll miss the gym atmosphere" until last nights attempt to find parking, followed by all the racks taken, followed by the guy who loaded up the calf raise while on talking on his phone, did a set of about 60 reps while still talking on his phone and then walking away without putting the plates back she's ready to start saving for some home equipment.
Deadlift 425
Total = 1061

Meet PRs:
TBD

Training Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17327
bigalfry is online now   Reply With Quote