Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default 200 lbs anorexic

For interest, I would never have considered the possibility that an overweight or even a "normal" weight person could be an anorexic, so, when I came across this, I thought others may be interested as well:

'I weighed 200lbs and was anorexic': How obese teenagers with eating disorders go unnoticed because they're not 'skin and bones'

Obese teenagers who develop eating disorders often get overlooked by health care professionals because of their size, according to a new study.

A team of psychologists and pediatricians from the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota have found that it takes up to 'a year longer' to diagnose overweight patients with diseases including anorexia and bulimia than smaller sufferers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...iced-size.html
Old 11-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I'm confused by some of this. A 14 year old "limiting" herself to 1500 calories? Is that a misprint? I'm a 210lb male who routinely eats 1500-2000 calories while cutting.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm confused by some of this. A 14 year old "limiting" herself to 1500 calories? Is that a misprint? I'm a 210lb male who routinely eats 1500-2000 calories while cutting.
Yeah, that part is a bit confusing, unless they're relating it to the running 7 miles every day as well in addition to the 1,500 cals for a person that hadn't yet reached adulthood...maybe
Old 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Speaking from personal experience, it can be hard to see anorexia. My old woman, she was what you could call borderline anorexic, despite weighing about 125 lbs. Her exercise habits coupled with her low-calorie diets made me think I was on my way to being a father last summer. That's when she came out and told me about her struggles with it. She never was very big, but she was a little bigger when she was in middle and high school. She then lost whatever weight, would pass out from time to time, started seeing the doctor, and would manipulate her weigh-ins at the doctor's office with weights in her pockets.

For the remainder of our time together, things never really got better for her really. She of course started eating more, but she still couldn't get out of the mind of having to eat so little. The last time I saw her in May, she said she had a cup of yogurt(which the yogurt she bought was 60 calories) and a tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast. That was the same it had been nearly every morning for months. She'd freak out if the scale moved slightly up. At times she was less concerned about it, but overall, she had a big problem with it.

All that said, she didn't look anorexic, but if anything, she was close to it. It caused health problems for her, and probably a lot of unnecessary stress.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor
Default 200 lbs anorexic

Reply removed

Last edited by JumpmanRugs; 11-24-2013 at 12:00 PM.
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

My little sister is anorexic...for a time in her 30's she weighed 57 lbs...I wont bore everyone with details, but if anyone had any questions about anorexia or living with someone who has it, just let me know.

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote