Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!
Default Tony Balirs daughter at gunpoint

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...y-muggers.html

Quote:
To think that she had a gun pulled on her and was defenceless raises questions about her personal safety

Well whoop tee frickin doo, somebody obtained a handgun, despite them being outlawed, and used it to commit a crime. What ever shall we do about that.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but when will these poor mofos realize that firearms can equalize a little girl with two thugs.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

They better ban firearms over there..... oh wait.... they already did. But how do the bad guys have guns? Didn't they know it is against the law? Isn't this fantasy land where when you make guns illegal the criminals all turn in there firearms?

Inb4 some one who has never even visited the USA tells us we are paranoid gun nuts.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

So she would have been safer if she had had a gun as well? If she had, what are the odds we would have been reading about a fatality instead?

A story posted about a hold-up that led to a nasty scare, two weeks after yet another massacre in the USA (about which no one posted a comment as far as I saw).

Arming a large percentage of the population leads to a safer society. Well, that's certainly working out in the US.

Not getting at you at all Ben, but can't agree that this is a good argument against gun control.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

The firearm was clearly to blame in the massacre 2 weeks ago, which you so kindly brought up. It had nothing to do with the extremely disturbed individual with a clear and present history of psychiatric issues.

If there would have been law abiding citizens armed at the facility he wouldn't have got as far as he did.
And while you are so quick to attack our culture, you completely ignore the fact that criminals still are armed even with stringent gun laws. Typical.
Carry on making your attacks against a culture of which you are ignorant against. If you ever make it across the pond I am sure many guys here on the forum would love to take you shooting and show you the what why when and how of our gun culture that you condemn from afar.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
The firearm was clearly to blame in the massacre 2 weeks ago, which you so kindly brought up. It had nothing to do with the extremely disturbed individual with a clear and present history of psychiatric issues.

If there would have been law abiding citizens armed at the facility he wouldn't have got as far as he did.
And while you are so quick to attack our culture, you completely ignore the fact that criminals still are armed even with stringent gun laws. Typical.
Carry on making your attacks against a culture of which you are ignorant against. If you ever make it across the pond I am sure many guys here on the forum would love to take you shooting and show you the what why when and how of our gun culture that you condemn from afar.
Actually, I've visited the USA many times. And there are many, many aspects of the US that I like and admire.

Who is attacking whose culture here? I see a post by Ben that is pointing out the ludicrousness of our gun laws. Which you were quick to support. You don't see any irony in posting a story about some non-incident with the PM's daughter two weeks after another bloodbath in the US? I guess I'm trying to say, in a gentle way, get your own house in order before criticising another's.

Rates of mental illness are basically similar in most western countries. We have our share of crazies too, and occasionally they have access to guns, but they're more likely to go postal with a samurai sword. With the attendant reduction in loss of life.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
And if this insane individual hadn't have had access to a gun?

Of course he was to blame. But if he'd have only had a melee weapon, he wouldn't have been able to cause such a catastrophic event.

Quote:
Again, if he didn't have the gun in the first place...

Quote:
And while you are so quick to attack our culture,
Attack? Really?

Tann seemed perfectly civilized in his post to me.

Infact, before he even posted there existed a sarcastic jab against our culture from you.

Quote:

Gun Culture?

You'll have to explain that one to me.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'd love to learn how exactly guns are a good thing.

Guns kill people. The world would be a better place if they didn't exist.

The way I see it, people are carrying guns...To protect themselves from people who are too, carrying guns....

Isn't that a bit nonsensical?

Explain it to me, I'm not having a go, I find it interesting.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 09-28-2013 at 04:27 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Re-reading my last posts, it looks like I'm leaping to the defence of my homeland. That isn't really me at all. Just for the record, I don't feel any particular loyalty to the UK over any other country. If I thought I could make a living in Canada or France, I'd be over there in a heartbeat.

My feeling is that fairly unregulated gun ownership works out well in some countries, but that it would be a disaster for the UK. We're too similar to the US, and too dissimilar to - say - Sweden or Switzerland.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Its true firearms are easy to be violent with. If the chinese man who went hacking away in a school had a gun, it could have turned out worse. And no one is debating that where more guns are, the more crimes will be commited with guns.

Like you said Tann, it could have turned out worse had she had a firearm on her. Or they could have taken advantage of her defenceless. Its easy to say "what if..." as we both did, to try and turn an event into a cause for our personal thoughts on a matter.

Yes I was attacking the UK, a nation you and many others on this forum live in. It offends me that the overbearing government made it impossible for her to have any choise whatsoever in whether to defend herself or not. She was truly helpless.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Like you said Tann, it could have turned out worse had she had a firearm on her. Or they could have taken advantage of her defenceless. Its easy to say "what if..." as we both did, to try and turn an event into a cause for our personal thoughts on a matter.
I think thats the bottom line right there.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

As far as our "gun culture" goes Linden, I am glad I was born in the US. The culture is centered around freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom to defend ourselves in the most efficient way possible.

Some individuals in the government system here, for reasons I don't completely understand, are attempting to reduce the amount of freedom we have here and make it unnecesarily difficult to obtain firearms. Believe me if I wanted to get a handgun without going through the whole signed paper background check legal process, I know how to.

Guns are very fun. They provide lots of them proteins. I feel better having my shotgun hanging above my bed if a methhead decides to come inside for my truck keys and my anal virginity.

Laws only affect criminals. Some laws do nothing more than cause headache for those trying to live under, well that's a whole nother discussion.