Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!
Talking

Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Although I've never been to Canada, this is some serious advice that has a healthy dash of humor:

Bears. Don't fuck with em.

Its cold. Get used to heavy clothing.

Depending on how close you are to big city/rural areas, you get to experience big 4wd trucks!

And I do believe you can own rifles and shotguns. Have fun!
Haha I'll be sure to stay away from the bears, thanks bud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalfry View Post
In in Canada. I don't know the immigration process but I do know about a half dozen Brits who managed to make their way over so I wouldn't say the chances are low. A couple of them don't even have citizenship. I could be wrong but I think it all hinges on your education and career.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Do you know what it is they do bud? Just out of curiousity? I know you can stay for a while on a working visa (A year i believe?) or stay for 6 months on a holiday visa. If I play for a team out there I don't even need one but obviously need one for my better half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Squatter, Paradox, Gorship, Seventy Seven and NDR are all from Canada. I am hoping one of them could give you some advice.
Thanks buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
They think ham is bacon......be careful
Haha I learnt that when I went not long ago. They asked If i wanted bacon, then pretty much put a pig on my plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Haha guys! Indeed, there are Polar Bears and Grizzly Bears. I have seen a Grizz in the wild and man, what a majestic beast - similar to JB.

I do not know anything about immigration, but if I can help in anyway let me know. I live in Western Canada, which is really where you want to be in this country. You simply cannot help but find a job - Alberta has the strongest economy and no Provincial Sales Tax - the only province in Canada.

Winters are actually mild here. We are close to the Okanagan in British Columbia - which has summers as nice as anywhere in the world.

Canada is a great country loaded with opportunities for anyone. Being as we are both members of the Commonwealth, I would hope it would be easier for Brits to move here. My wife works with one of them!!
My girlriend and I are thinking of Toronto (Mainly cause it's a hot bed), but I went to Medicine Hat before and loved it. I need somewhere where Basketball is easily accessible (Anywhere is easier than the UK) and we can get jobs easily. A few people have recommended British Columbia, and I think it looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenFenix View Post
I really don't like Micheal Moore and the way he does his stupid documentaries, but every single house they randomly went and turned the door knob was left unlocked. There was another documentary by someone else that the same commentary was made about Canadians leaving their doors unlocked. Whether it's true or not, I'd lock your doors, even if your neighbors don't.
I never would leave it open buddy. When I visited recently I was in Caledon and the B & B owners didn't lock anything, cars, house or anything. Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
No advice I'm afraid, but just to say good luck with it.

I've been interested in everything about Canada since I was a kid. When I finally got there, I wasn't disappointed. British Columbia's one of the coolest places I've ever been. The scenery, the people, the self-deprecating humour...

And for a small population, they've produced a bumper crop of either stellar or at least interesting musicians: Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, April Wine, Max Webster/Kim Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Glenn Gould, Oscar Peterson, Rush, Crash Test Dummies, Neil Young, Pat Travers....the list goes on and on.
Thanks buddy! I went years ago and fell in love with it! Love it so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster2981 View Post
LOL, i'll wear a coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Haha I'll put tennis racquets on my feet haha!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

I've never been to Canada, but speaking from the POV of an ignorant American that thinks most things Canadian are funny:

--Bring a coat. It's really cold.

--If you hate hockey, skiing, the CFL, and curling, don't move to Canada.

--The healthcare system up there is both awesome and awful (depends on who you ask)

--All the product labels are in both English and French. Yea, it's weird.

--People in Quebec hate being called Canadian b/c they think they're their own little country.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

There are many places in the US that are colder than places in Canada. Alaska, The Dakota's, Minnesota, etc. We also get very few natural disasters.

If you like donuts, indeed move to Canada.

The healthcare system here is second to none - has the US beat hands down. At least we can go to a doctor without having to fork out hundreds of dollars. There are even many guys here in the forum who won't even seek medical attention for injuries because they cannot afford it. Some mebers insurance has also run out. Hospitals won't refuse them, but will not hesitate to garnishee wages or put a lien on your house. Yes, taxes here are higher, but at least everyone has access to healthcare no matter how much money you have, and access to an affordable education, as post secondary is also subsidized by taxpayers. On the other side of the coin, I do not have $300.00 per month health insurance premiums with a $1000.00 deductible like my cousin in Salt lake city. So - even with health insurance, she doesn't go to the doc because she still has to pay in full due to the deductible.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #15
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Oh oh and down here they either cut your wages or hours to make up for Osamacare.

Donuts huh...let's go to Canada!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

I have visited and worked in Canada, several times. Alberta, Newfoundland, Vancouver, Ontario,and Edmonton. The people seem to be very nice, the weather is cold ( this from a US Southerner - we do not do well with cold) ha ha
I had fun on both coasts and had adventures in every town, I visited.

Work visas are not difficult to obtain but you must show you are a qualified applicant.
Try visiting here :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

Good luck and safe travels .

Oh yeah, if you ever go to St John's in Newfoundland , you have to get screeched in. Kiss That Cod!!!! ( you'll see)
Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
Gorship
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 1-2 altogether.
Fav Exercise: DeadLift
Fav Supp: Creatine + Beta Alanine.
Gorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributor

Smarties are actual candies with chocolate, not sweet tarts

no funions

there are a ton of vareties of maple suryp, enjoy them all

bag milk isnt all its cracked up to be

If your not a hockey fan, neither am I. Always just blame the goalie for your team, you'll fit in.

Tim Hortons is an acceptable place for a dinner date.

We have lights on the highways

We're always sorry

Say "Thanks" for everything, even when you buy something, or you do work for someone

"Eh?" is an acceptable question, or a way to get someones attention if you asked them a question and they arnt replying. It also works to emphasize a point. "Did you see that goal? Eh?", "nice eh?". It also acts as a "pardon?" or a "could you repeat that?" for example someone asks you a question and you didnt catch it all, a simple "eh?" is a way to ask for them to repeat that.

We have an army but we dont talk about it.

we dont hang nearly as many flags as they do in the states.

Pop is the American equivalent of saying Soda.

We are missing all the good fast food restaurants

Make sure you get a "Coffee crisp"

No Gas isnt cheaper, as your receipt will soon tell you

We use both metric and imperial and will never give you warning when its going to change.

Shorts are fully acceptable year round, even in a winter jacket.

the plural of Moose, is Moose

Driving the speed limit in the snow comes with practice, but figure it out eh.

We like Bacon, We like it a lot.

Those guys with giant lifted trucks that are always clean... yea we're sorry about those guys too.
Philippians 1:21: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Log!

www.needGod.com

Last edited by Gorship; 09-30-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Gorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #18
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

I forgot about that metric BS...

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #19
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
I forgot about that metric BS...
Metric rules.

Imperial is for Luddites.

That is all.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote