Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Good Weight Training Books (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1504)

JBlack16 12-18-2009 12:53 AM

Good Weight Training Books

What are some good weight training books that someone can get at a retail store like Barnes and Noble? The reason I am asking is because this girl want's to get me something for Christmas but doesn't know what to get me because we went clothes shopping today and I didn't see anything I liked and I am picky as hell. I would really love to get Starting Strength by Rippetoe but they don't have it in stores, so just curious if anybody has any good ones. Oh and nothing expensive, I don't want her to spend too much on me, so how about under $25.

EDIT: Are there any good maybe food books that include diet and crap or I probably don't need that. Something that has something tied to fitness.

onetiredkris 12-18-2009 01:40 AM

i think a good healthy cook book will go a long way in our field.
no suggestions though, so this isnt that helpful of a post =x

Grim83 12-18-2009 02:54 AM

Good goin stud muffin lol. i dont know of any books you'll find at barns and nobles that are great, but if you can get stuff from amazon then go with either dinosaur training by brooks kubik or super squats by randal j strossen those are my picks for the 2 best books ever. or be funny and tell her ll cool j's platinum workouts ;)

BendtheBar 12-18-2009 08:21 AM

JBlack. I have checked two of the biggest Barnes and Nobles in my state during this past month and neither carried anything decent. You might be luckier then me.

JBlack16 12-18-2009 01:52 PM

Grim, that is another book that I wanted, Dinosaur Training, I haven't read it in a while, should start reading it again. Anybody got any good gift ideas under $25 because I have no clue of what to ask for? She said I better have a list by monday or its a gift card in which she doesn't want to give me a gift card she said.

So far my list is:
Gran Torino
White Tees

Grim83 12-18-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBlack16 (Post 15796)
Grim, that is another book that I wanted, Dinosaur Training, I haven't read it in a while, should start reading it again. Anybody got any good gift ideas under $25 because I have no clue of what to ask for? She said I better have a list by monday or its a gift card in which she doesn't want to give me a gift card she said.

So far my list is:
Gran Torino
White Tees

Gran Torino is an awesome movie, and i think your in my head with the white tees bro, but gifts that are under $25

Jug of protein powder
Tombstone (greatest western movie since john wayne)
predator
rambo movies
rocky movies
The proposal ( sounds gay, but kinda funny and you can watch it together ;) )

BendtheBar 12-18-2009 05:46 PM

I liked the Proposal.

For under $25...

--Skinfold Caliper
--
--God of War
--God of War 2
--Bioshock

onetiredkris 12-18-2009 08:12 PM

ohh i should have asked for some calipers. im tired of asking PTs to clip me

about a month ago this would have made a great 'what to get a bodybuilder for xmas thread'

BendtheBar 12-18-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetiredkris (Post 15863)
ohh i should have asked for some calipers. im tired of asking PTs to clip me

about a month ago this would have made a great 'what to get a bodybuilder for xmas thread'

Never to late to start it for 2010.

Maybe we should do an "essentials" list and turn it into an article.

"Gifts to get a bodybuilder."

Grim83 12-18-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 15874)
Never to late to start it for 2010.

Maybe we should do an "essentials" list and turn it into an article.

"Gifts to get a bodybuilder."

sounds like a plan