Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #2351
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Hey peeps, name's Drew, I started powerlifting about a year ago and was browsing through these forums for as long as that. I've more or less reached "the wall" with my training as do all novices like me in that I'm finding it incredibly difficult to increase my 1 rep max. So hopefully here I can get advice from more experienced lifters on how to continue progressing and also get an idea of everyone's diet regiment

FYI: I've read it all from Wendler to Rippetoe and while those resources were a tremendous help and reference on a technical level I figured varied experiences from other lifters I interact with will be more useful in the long run

welcome along Drew

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #2352
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Hey peeps, name's Drew, I started powerlifting about a year ago and was browsing through these forums for as long as that. I've more or less reached "the wall" with my training as do all novices like me in that I'm finding it incredibly difficult to increase my 1 rep max. So hopefully here I can get advice from more experienced lifters on how to continue progressing and also get an idea of everyone's diet regiment

FYI: I've read it all from Wendler to Rippetoe and while those resources were a tremendous help and reference on a technical level I figured varied experiences from other lifters I interact with will be more useful in the long run
Welcome to the forum Drew. Make yourself at home and post up some questions in the powerlifting forum if we can help in any way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #2353
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe Norman, known as Joe "Ironman" Norman in most powerlifting circles.

I have been a competitive powerlifter for over 14 years and made a name for myself in the sport with my squats. You can go to my blog to read up on me if you like, monstersquat.com/about.

I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I am available if you need any advice on squatting or powerlifting in general. I have been at it a long time and can pretty much answer any questions on powerlifting training or competition.

Joe "Ironman" Norman
monstersquat.com
Great to see you on the forum. I posted a link to one of your meet write-ups recently and have been following you on YouTube. Inspiring stuff. Hope to see you around.

Al
Old 09-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #2354
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devour View Post
I am Devour. I am 28 and have been lifting for about 5 years now.
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe Norman, known as Joe "Ironman" Norman in most powerlifting circles.

I have been a competitive powerlifter for over 14 years and made a name for myself in the sport with my squats. You can go to my blog to read up on me if you like, monstersquat.com/about.

I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I am available if you need any advice on squatting or powerlifting in general. I have been at it a long time and can pretty much answer any questions on powerlifting training or competition.

Joe "Ironman" Norman
monstersquat.com
Quote:

Hi guys
Old 09-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #2355
sabbath
New Brawn
Points: 137, Level: 2 Points: 137, Level: 2 Points: 137, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

sabbath is off to a bad start

Hi my name is Sabbath and I am wanting to get into lifting. I have never done it before but am ready for a change from my body. Hoping this site has some great info to help me with that.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #2356
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath View Post
Hi my name is Sabbath and I am wanting to get into lifting. I have never done it before but am ready for a change from my body. Hoping this site has some great info to help me with that.
Hi
Old 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #2357
ramm
New Brawn
Points: 124, Level: 2 Points: 124, Level: 2 Points: 124, Level: 2

ramm is off to a bad start

Nice to meet all you. I am sure you will find this forum to be very handy.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #2358
Beverly McD
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28

Training Exp: Since 1987
Training Type: Powerlifting
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Joe "Ironman" Norman
monstersquat.com
Hello Joe
Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #2359
fittguy
New Brawn
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

fittguy is off to a bad start

Fittguy here. I have always had a passion for exercising and working out. Just added body building moves one year ago.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #2360
bonkers
New Brawn
Points: 188, Level: 3 Points: 188, Level: 3 Points: 188, Level: 3

bonkers is off to a bad start

Just starting out on here and with lifting. Hope I can learn as much as I can.
Closed Thread