Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #2011
Jon E Bravo
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: MHP
Jon E Bravo is off to a bad start

Hello all,

My name is Jon. I played college basketball for 4 years but always prefered to get a good workout in over practicing lol. Now that I have hung up the sneaks I am looking to gain size and strength and hopefully compete on a bodybuilding stage some day.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #2012
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon E Bravo View Post
Hello all,

My name is Jon. I played college basketball for 4 years but always prefered to get a good workout in over practicing lol. Now that I have hung up the sneaks I am looking to gain size and strength and hopefully compete on a bodybuilding stage some day.
Welcome to the forum Jon. Make yourself at home, and feel free to ask any questions if we can help in any way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #2013
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesquatter View Post
Hello all name is Dave. I am 37 years old and want to start lifting. I want and am ready for a life change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mratter View Post
Mratter here. Just joined and thought I would say hello.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcar View Post
I am fatcar or Justin. I joined because I need to lose some pounds and would like to do so in a healthy way. This site looked pretty good to me so I thought I would give it a go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon E Bravo View Post
Hello all,

Hi guys
Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #2014
punishthebody
New Brawn
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

punishthebody is off to a bad start

Hi guys. I am 52 year old punishthebody, or James. I have been lifting for about 20 years now. Hopefully looking to find some good buds on here.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #2015
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by punishthebody View Post
Hi guys. I am 52 year old punishthebody, or James. I have been lifting for about 20 years now. Hopefully looking to find some good buds on here.
Hi James
Old 04-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #2016
sirlulzbody
New Brawn
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

sirlulzbody is off to a bad start

Nice to meet everyone. I am sirlulzbody, and I am hoping this site is just what I want to help me with my bodybuilding.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #2017
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Hi folks

I'm Jen, from Minnesota, I'm a 38 year old mom to three kids. I was in the military for 6 years right out of high school. I have been a police officer for 10 years. In the years since the military, having kids, etc I put on alot of weight. In 2008 I got serious about running and diet and lost 60 lbs. I have gotten a bit bored with the running and started slacking off the last year or so. As a result, I've regained about 20 lbs. And I'm pissed off about it.

I've been toying with other cardio options and Body Pump classes at the Y. Free weights always intimidated the hell out of me. I started to envy the people I saw in the free weights area, so I decided to give it a shot. I literally just started. I did my 5th session of 5X5 training last night. I LOVE the feeling of lifting! I had no idea what I was missing.

This may be a "honeymoon" period for me, but I am loving the challenge, the feel of the weights, etc. I would love a critique of my workout plan if anybody has the time to peek at it.

I will post it in the right forum, though

So, again, Hi everybody and thanks for having me!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #2018
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Hi folks

I'm Jen, from Minnesota, I'm a 38 year old mom to three kids. I was in the military for 6 years right out of high school. I have been a police officer for 10 years. In the years since the military, having kids, etc I put on alot of weight. In 2008 I got serious about running and diet and lost 60 lbs. I have gotten a bit bored with the running and started slacking off the last year or so. As a result, I've regained about 20 lbs. And I'm pissed off about it.

I've been toying with other cardio options and Body Pump classes at the Y. Free weights always intimidated the hell out of me. I started to envy the people I saw in the free weights area, so I decided to give it a shot. I literally just started. I did my 5th session of 5X5 training last night. I LOVE the feeling of lifting! I had no idea what I was missing.

This may be a "honeymoon" period for me, but I am loving the challenge, the feel of the weights, etc. I would love a critique of my workout plan if anybody has the time to peek at it.

Welcome to the forum Jen. Ex-Army here, and a neighbor from Wisconsin. Congratulations on losing that weight and turning the page in your life. I was a runner for a long time too.

We would love to help. Post up your workout and you'll get some great advice.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #2019
Meat Ball
Points: 248, Level: 4 Points: 248, Level: 4 Points: 248, Level: 4
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Meat Ball is off to a bad start

Hey Muscle and Brawn,

Kurt here. Left another forum to come here. Too many trolls and kids who know everything. Looks like a good place to lift seriously.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #2020
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlulzbody View Post
Nice to meet everyone. I am sirlulzbody, and I am hoping this site is just what I want to help me with my bodybuilding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Hi folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Ball View Post
Hey Muscle and Brawn,

Kurt here. Left another forum to come here. Too many trolls and kids who know everything. Looks like a good place to lift seriously.
Hi guys and gal