Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #121
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Hi my name is Tony, I found this forum from the muscle and brawn twitter. I post regularly on the marunde forum and less frequently on the wannabebig forums. A little background on my self :

I am 20 y/o's Have done 6 strongman competitions so far and 1 power lifting meet, planning to do many more, and I always like meeting like minded people and sharing ideas on strength and power.
Welcome aboard. That's quite a few competitions for your age. Great job. We have a pretty tight knit group of lifters here, and the tone is always respectful. We learn from each other. Looking forward to reading your posts and hearing about your training.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #122
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts

Quote:
Hi my name is Tony, I found this forum from the muscle and brawn twitter. I post regularly on the marunde forum and less frequently on the wannabebig forums. A little background on my self :

I am 20 y/o's Have done 6 strongman competitions so far and 1 power lifting meet, planning to do many more, and I always like meeting like minded people and sharing ideas on strength and power.
What's up BBG? I'm a wannabe strongman/powerlifter who right now is just lifting hard and exploring different routines and methods.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #123
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Welcome aboard, I look forward to hearing your opinions, and maybe we could convince you to start a log over here? That would be awesome
Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #124
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. After my last competition October 3rd I hurt my hand and took the month off from any heavy training and just focus on rehab work, and mainly letting my body rest a bit.

Seeing as how its November now I just want to get back on track, I wouldn't mind starting another training log. I will start one once I start my new training cycle this Tuesday.

Strongman is known to be hard on the body but harder to find equipment. I train out of Queens Nyc in a power-lifting gym with some stacked equipment for strongman and powerlifting. If any of you are interested in coming down on a Saturday for a session feel free to PM me, I like the vibe I get from this place.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 AM   #125
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

welcome aboard Tony, you will like it here, we are just a bunch of down to earth guys who like to lift and help each other out... no BS here like the bigger boards just good people. John
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #126
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. After my last competition October 3rd I hurt my hand and took the month off from any heavy training and just focus on rehab work, and mainly letting my body rest a bit.

Seeing as how its November now I just want to get back on track, I wouldn't mind starting another training log. I will start one once I start my new training cycle this Tuesday.

Strongman is known to be hard on the body but harder to find equipment. I train out of Queens Nyc in a power-lifting gym with some stacked equipment for strongman and powerlifting. If any of you are interested in coming down on a Saturday for a session feel free to PM me, I like the vibe I get from this place.
Thanks man.

Good luck getting at it again. I have a buddy that trainings for strongman and he runs into the same problem as you...no equipment. I've seen him build platforms and stones, etc. The whole nine yards. For fun he would go out to the local community college and push and pull his car.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #127
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

Welcome!

I think we'll get along well.

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #128
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

welcome. looking forward to your log BBG
Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #129
Pizza1337
Move on
New Brawn
Points: 498, Level: 9 Points: 498, Level: 9 Points: 498, Level: 9
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Pizza1337 is off to a bad start

Last edited by Pizza1337; 09-21-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #130
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza1337 View Post
Name: Pizza1337

I got interested in this after watching few jackie chan and bruce lee movies. I been doing this for year, my goal is to build endurance, strength, have good flexibility, and some muscle. I do not want to be bulk, i dont think its bad or anything, but i have my opinion. other things i do and like are anything related to technology, i like computer security. also i am vegetarian(i do drink milk). since you guys have been doing this for while, i hope to learn from you.
Welcome to the forum. We'll help all we can. Glad to hear you drink milk.

It is possible to get strong without getting bulky. All things are possible with hard work and discipline. And milk.

Closed Thread