Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default What do you think to this?

Tommy Robinson - Leader of the EDL. Apposes of the islam Ideas taught in the Koran.

Akala - Political rapper and friend of mine (done a few tracks with him), one of the greatest guys I've met. (

In my Opinion, Tommy Robinson and Akala are the only two people speaking any sense.

The rest of the people get on my nerves. (particularly the woman in the purple)

While I don't really know enough about or nesseserally agree woth the Tommy Robbinsons views atall, these idiots don't know hwta they're talking about.

They're quick to call racist, yet they're so stupid they cant even see Islam's a Religion and not a race!

Its like someone calling me racist if I said I didn't agree with catholic beliefs! :L

They act all high and mighty, intelligent, yet they can't tell him why he's racist!
Learn what's race and what's religion....Some people.

Akala as usual responds intelligently. But to me the whole discussion was a complete waste of time based upon the fact that they were totally against him before he even started.

Forgetting about his views and taking note of only what he says in the video, hes right in what he says!

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 07-23-2013 at 07:31 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Well, I don't know anything about the Koran or Islamic beliefs, but we've come across people that categorically state "I'm not a Christian, I'm a Catholic"...
Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

I like what 5k said. As a non practitioner of religion in the traditional sense what makes Christians think that I should adopt their beliefs when at least 2/3 of the World study elsewise?

I do envy people that can put such great faith in something so scientifically unproven.

Feel free to convince me! Preferably with facts
JBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Feel free to convince me! Preferably with facts
My biggest downfall as a Christian is that I could care less who believes and who doesn't. All I ask is that others be respectful.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
Gorship
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 1-2 altogether.
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: DeadLift
Fav Supp: Creatine + Beta Alanine.
Gorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributor

Bible thumping Creationist checking in cause why not.

1st: Technically Catholics and Christians are different, they have completely different Theologies on redemption.

2nd: on the note of (paraphrasing) "why be a christian when 2/3rds of the world is otherwise"

-- General opinion doesn't make truth

3rd: "scientifically unproven"

-- You technically can't disprove a deity.

4th: "Feel free to convince me"

-- Forums truthfully are not the best way to evangelize, you check out NeedGod.com and I would suggest looking up a solid Church (as a Baptist I would lean that way myself) in your area and talking to the pastor if your wanting to have that discussion.
Gorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:05 AM   #6
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorship View Post
1st: Technically Catholics and Christians are different, they have completely different Theologies on redemption..
I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion. Catholicism represents one major tradition/doctrinal position within the christian faith.

Until the Reformation, catholicism was synonymous with Christianity (relatively minor sects aside).

The only grounds for saying it would be one branch of christianity accusing another of not representing 'true' christianity.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #7
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion. Catholicism represents one major tradition/doctrinal position within the christian faith.

Until the Reformation, catholicism was synonymous with Christianity (relatively minor sects aside).

The only grounds for saying it would be one branch of christianity accusing another of not representing 'true' christianity.
Precisely.

It is "True Scotsman" tribalism like this, that rips apart families, communities, and occasionally entire countries in the bargain.

But then... no, never mind.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
They're quick to call racist, yet they're so stupid they cant even see Islam's a Religion and not a race!
I hear this a lot. Makes for a good quote, but it isn't as black and white as you think.

Once in a while, I see a person's religion/nationality being "assumed" because of his/her race. Has happened quite a few times to me. Not all the time mind you, or even most of the times, but just a few times.

Here's how the conversation went (typically) in those few cases.

New person: "So, you must be from Pakistan?"
Me: "No, I am from India"
New person: "Ok, but you ARE a muslim, aren't you?"

Similarly, I have seen folks in India who assume Caucasian = Christian. Witnessed a situation where a tourist from Germany asked for directions to go to a "place of worship". He was promptly given directions to the nearest church (he clarified that he wanted to see a traditional temple and the evening prayers, and then got the right directions).

Now, these type of situations are not offensive or racist - but this illustrates the point I am trying to make. Quite a few people tag a religion on to you because of your race. When stereotyping gets vindictive, it is easy to see how race and religion gets intertwined to come off looking racist.

Semantically, of course, you are correct

Last edited by kitarpyar; 07-24-2013 at 06:47 AM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

As a Christian - I am dying to comment in depth on this...... I have some work to do first, but (In best Arnold Voice ) I'll be back!!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
My biggest downfall as a Christian is that I could care less who believes and who doesn't. All I ask is that others be respectful.
That's my point. Christians, moreso, than others have tendency to get touchy when they're questioned.
JBrown is online now   Reply With Quote